The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

Blue in VT

here are example pics of the first figures I will be painting...Alternative Armies Muster Troops as Imperial guard.

Cheers,

Blue

Attachments

• MusterCommand.jpg
    MusterCommand.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 2,246
  • Squad2Rocket.jpg
    Squad2Rocket.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 2,246

phreedh

Only looked at the 15 mm ion age minis.... Seeing the muster models in 28 mm it strikes me how nice arbites they'd make. You sure they're Guard? ;)

Jeff McC

Alright, I'm in. (time for a break from wood elves :) ) The most "easily accessible" minis I can think of are in the Isle of blood box set, so I'll take a whack at turning some of the skaven into an oldhammer allied force....
15 clanrats with spears
2 rat ogres with handler
warpfire thrower
the hero from the box,
and a old school metal seer I got out of a bits box for a pound.

Blue in VT

phreedh":o4a5sezu said:
Only looked at the 15 mm ion age minis.... Seeing the muster models in 28 mm it strikes me how nice arbites they'd make. You sure they're Guard? ;)

Having never ventured beyond the RT rule book in 40k I'm not really familiar with the arbites... :| ? So Guard they will be!

Cheers,

Blue

Aiteal

I guess this will be motivation to paint up the 4A sea goblins minis that are in my lead pile as chaos goblins then :)

There is a brief description of Arbites on P139 of the Rogue Trader book, and a picture of one and rules on pg 141. Not sure if it bears any relation to the later stuff about them tho.

Galadrin

Re: The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

phreedh":prggdstd said:
Blue in VT":prggdstd said:
Having never ventured beyond the RT rule book in 40k I'm not really familiar with the arbites...
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniature ... us_Arbites

Basically space constables keeping the under hive scum in check. Always loved the minis.

Hm, never looked at these minis but they appear to be inspired by 2000AD/Judge Dredd. Just goes to show what a kitchen-sink early Rogue Trader is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grumdril

That city watch is looking good WP. I liked the captain's crazy beard, but the trimmed version is better.

Count me in by the way, I'm not sure yet whether it will be Skaven or goblins.

Grumdril

Great update! The troops look excellent!

My update:
http://leadasbestosblog.blogspot.com/

0.img.13900152811-P1170001.JPG

1.img.13900152811-P1170002.JPG

2.img.13900152811-P1170003.JPG

Excited! Needed a kick in the butt to get going!

I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag too early but they do represent the Felderberg Netherport Night watch Male voice choir! :)

Hi!

Excellent progress so far from folks. I'm cheating a bit and going for a cut down Oldhammer in 15mm scale in the form of Slann and should have some pics by next week of work in progress!

All the best!

Golgfag1

Nice looking kit people, I'm tempted to join-in - as I picked up a small band of barbarian types a couple of years ago for 20p per figure (cheap enough?) which apart from half a dozen of then have sat on the shelf ever since; but have set myself the task of painting my Slann / Lizardmen for BOYL 2014 :grin: :cry: :grin: :cry: :grin: , not sure whether to smile or cry.
Any way, good luck to you all in your endeavors with this and remember - if, your warbands get up to and around the five hundred point mark and you're coming to BOYL, you can play - Get to the other-side on Saturday :grin: :grin: :grin: should be fun.

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Back