The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

cheetor

Just John":lkq6my33 said:
Mega minis pictures on the web site really didn't do much for promoting sales did they?

No, they certainly didnt. And while some of their miniatures and ranges were just bad, there were many, many diamonds on the rough.

I genuinely miss MegaMinis. They had an eclectic, unique range of figures. The only other manufacturer that has a similarly charming and off-the-wall range (and a similar slipshod attitude to showing the miniatures off in a complimentary light) is Black Cat Bases. And they look like the could fold any day :cry:

Im looking forward to seeing those halflings finished in a month or so :)

phreedh

Just John":2u9okhxk said:
Thanks for that, at least now I know the scale of those companies. Mega minis pictures on the web site really didn't do much for promoting sales did they?
Too true... as Paul said, Mega are sorely missed.

Metal Magic's fantasy range is one of my biggest miniature passions. Ever so slowly nearing a complete collection... =)

Jeff McC

Alright, here's my warband, primed and test model complete except for basing, now to get to work...

Attachments

• 21 skaven.JPG
    21 skaven.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 2,032
  • 1 skaven.JPG
    1 skaven.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 2,032

Blue in VT

Looking good! Glad to see some decent progress being made!

I've only gotten as far as a test paint scheme for my not-Space Marines...Next I need to get them based up and primed.

Cheers,

Blue

Netherport watch, nearly done! More on the blog.
58DB4F2C-D147-4F88-8950-F28BF503A8A7.jpg

LOL! You'll have had that conversation, being a displaced scot, first time you ever meet another scotsman 'what team do you support?' Something i really don't miss about home (although i did have a wee greet while listening to Caledonia earlier).

Mister Rab

:lol: Unavoidable, isn't it? I was born in Edinburgh, left aged two, and then went back for five years to the university, but have lived the rest of my life in England and have English parents... so consider myself an Edinburgher, but not a Scot. Odd, eh?

(Oh, and fitba and all the enthusiasm that goes with it bores me silly :roll: )

Couldn't agree more about the fitba. Kids at school look at you like you're an alien when you say you don't like it. More than once they've actually asked, in all sincerity 'are you gay?' The other response from school kids I like is, 'what do you watch on the telly then?'

Mister Rab

whiskey priest":3tadgipl said:
The other response from school kids I like is, 'what do you watch on the telly then?'

Yup. I also get that question when I pour scorn on reality tv programmes. :roll: :lol: Now, stop chatting and get back to work - the Cowgate Watch won't paint themselves, you know!

Hi!

Heres my first completed unit:

Apologies for the poor picture but its proving difficult to get a decent shot in the stygian gloom of Scotland this morning. I must admit I am rather pleased with how the little chaps turned out, especially when compared to their catalogue picture from East Ridings website.

Hopefully with the small conversions they look suitably Slannish and I will be able to add some pics of my warchief in the morning once I've finished painting him too!

All the best!

Padre

Oooh, they're really slimy and cool. I would use the word 'gribbly' (it's in my head) but I can't really because I have no idea what it means. I like 'em. Lots.

Jeff McC

Good day for painting yesterday. Finished the first 6 models for the warband.

Attachments

• skaven 1.JPG
    skaven 1.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 1,305
  • skaven 2.JPG
    skaven 2.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 1,305
HI!

Glad folks like the little chaps!

I can't wait to see everyones warbands completed and I must admit the project has really given me the bug to actually play some games of Warhammer.

All the best!

Blue in VT

Here is my paint test scheme for my Not-Imperial Guard...Muster Troops from Alternative Armies

Cheers,

Blue

Attachments

• MusterTest Combo.jpg
    MusterTest Combo.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 1,255
Back