The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm

The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

Further to my blethering on my blog (you might need to read this http://theleadpile.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... ammer.html so that this thread makes sense) I've opened this thread as place for everybody to show pictures and share ideas about our little adventure into inclusivity! Have fun gents, at the end of the day that's what it's all about. I'll back in a bit with pics of the stuff I want to play with :D

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

I hereby do pledge to paint a unit 20 or so BTD halflings (and possily Grenadier ones too) to join my army and show unto the world that we are not lead snobs.

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Great idea! Count me in. I think I'll go with option B but I'm still mulling over what to do.

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Welcome aboard gents. In addition to my musings on the blog i figured that I wouldn't paint myself into a corner as a GM cos i'd like everybody who wants to have a go at Gm'ing cool scenarios. So If I'm not going to Gm I get to make some figures! The first lot I want to use is a bunch of....wait for it.....plastic figs! They are the men-at-arms from advanced heroquest
and i got them dead cheap! Another suggestion might be the empire battlemaster figures or the one piece empire halberdiers. I've no intention leaving them in their current state though. I've got piles of heads from various empire kits so I'll be using them to some kitbashing. I'm looking at making them into a small towns watch. I had intended to do them for the halloween games but never got the chance.
The other figures i might use (i haven't quite decided) are these ones from Front Rank http://www.frontrank.co.uk/
but i also fancy something with bows so I might change my mind. Now what am I going to do for a hero?

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:12 pm

+1

Nothing too fancy from me as I don't want to stray too far from churning out frogmen so this one will be a high throughput project using the lovely Perry Minis plastics I got over the Xmas period as they are perfect for a small contingent of Old Worlder Mercenaries.

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:19 pm

Count me in, I think I will try to speedpaint 10 archer thugs and 10 chaos warriors from the battle masters box with a champion on horse to prove oldhammer is about nothing else but fun. I actually just put them in Dettol so Big things are beginning this WE!

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Who'd have thought, eh?

20 Battlemaster figures and a non-gw hero? I can do that:

Done!
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Tut tut, that's cheating, I could just submit my HQ fimir by that logic! Surely the whole point of challenges like this is to urge you to paint yet more and thus drive us yet closer to insanity!
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:01 pm

lenihan wrote:Tut tut, that's cheating, I could just submit my HQ fimir by that logic! Surely the whole point of challenges like this is to urge you to paint yet more and thus drive us yet closer to insanity!

:oops:

You say cheating like its a bad word :)
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:11 pm

I am up for this, at least the painting side of it. It is more or less what I have on my painting agenda anyway. Would be a bit difficult to make a vist to the UK for Salute, but I wish you all the best.
Next

Return to General Discussions