Oldhammer Art Contest?

Hi!

We've started to run a yearly art competition among the running contest schedule on Chaos Dwarfs Online, and there is a certain entry in our currently ongoing art contest that may be of interest here. The entries:

Entry 1

7YY4pAQ.jpg

Entry 2

nxXHzCn.jpg

Entry 3

lkGHpzN.jpg

Entry 4

0snWZhM.jpg

Entry 5

PsHBEwi.jpg

Entry 6

sUppMSW.jpg

Entry 7

3Dg7K3r.jpg

Entry 8

LIKSzjw.jpg

Entry 9

CaFQs7G.jpg

Which made me think, do the Oldhammer community run art contests? I'm not following closely enough to know for sure, but if you're not doing so, then why not give it a try and see what Oldhammer style doodles and paintings will be generated? You could even write the rules/terms as such that by entering the competition you automatically give other people free use of your entered artwork for non-commercial purposes (though due credit should always be given), i.e. making it all smoothly available for whatever homebrew rule sets and the like people feel like making.

The 1980s style of Warhammer is a great one, and moreover one that has a lot of more mileage to give, with many concepts to explore. To give but one example of the Chaos Dwarf variety (the tip of the iceberg) for untouched ideas: Chaos Dwarf women and children, incl. mutant offspring such as baby boar centaurs. Untapped concepts may be found with all other factions.

It'd probably be a good idea to primarily do wide open themes, open for all factions, should this catch on. E.g: Naval/seafaring. Camplife. Duel. Betrayal. Dungeon. Urban. Ambush. Veterans Telling Tales. Warmachines. Captive. Magic. Monster.

More narrow themes focussed on e.g. a single faction or a single unit type could be tried later on if you like, such as Chaos Goblins, Dwarf Mountaineers or Snakemen or Zoats. Experimenting with it should give an idea if there's much interest in such narrow themes, or not.

Just a few thoughts in case you'd like to have an excuse to doodle. :)

Great! You're sure welcome. I've contacted Golgfag for where to launch it, and possibly have it pinned while it lasts. Hope to have it running sometime next week.

Back