Need help identifying a figure or part thereof...

First up...

405px-C01CA-31.jpg
408px-C01CA-38.jpg

Acquired the above, but all I know is that it's the portlier fantastic version of the one on the right...

I'm curious about the Dark Age Vendel inspired helmet's crest and for awhile two of these were offered by the same seller, one crestless, which led me to assume it a variant. I assume it a swan, while the seller said it's a dragon, but looking at it up close, it could be a sock puppet. :lol: Anyone have this figure and if so, what is it?

Juxt

My first thought was a Blandford, which of course it isn't. Then I browsed through every adventurer, fighter and wizard range I know of and got nowhere- really like him though, characterful sculpt.

Quendil

First one is a citadel fighter, I got a load of them with the Doglan raiders set from the 2nd journal I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quendil":1nnogkjs said:
First one is a citadel fighter, I got a load of them with the Doglan raiders set from the 2nd journal I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Citadel Journal - Autumn '85...

Downloaded a copy and forgot about it, due to experiencing eyestrain from the blurriness of the scan. Interesting scenario with steppe humans as the raiders and greenskins as caravan defenders...

In your blog article, there's a pic with 16 of these common archers - I assumed he was a chieftain. If this figure was so ubiquitous, how is it so rare on eBay? I paid £10.65(£6.40 + £4.25 Royal Mail International) for mine, but I've seen it listed for £45... :shock:

Since you have this figure, what's the crest supposed to be? Is it a pegasus?

Juxt":1a1qm5tk said:
My first thought was a Blandford, which of course it isn't. Then I browsed through every adventurer, fighter and wizard range I know of and got nowhere- really like him though, characterful sculpt.
Had this figure with and without the crest on my watch list for almost a year and only bought the former, after someone bought the latter - didn't want to pay £40 something on another listing. Assumed he's a cleric or wizard, despite fighter on the tab, due to the headgear and poncho/tabard and didn't notice a bowcase and quiver, due to the photos, until I saw the Janissary version. It's good characterful sculpt, with a mishmash of Bronze/Iron Age clothing and gear and when I get round to painting him up, he'll the leader of a pit fighter troop.

Back