Thoughts on Coat D'Arms paints?

portman

One of the things I've struggled with the most since getting back into the hobby is the new (well new for me anyway) Citadel paint range. they're nice paints, but I'm not a fan of the subdued colours. And as I have (and am trying to follow the advice of) all of the old 'eavy Metal painting guides from the early 90's - none of the blooming names make sense to me as they've all changed (and are different shades anyway) - so following the guides is next to impossible.

So I've been scratching my head a bit and trying work out what paints to use (Humbrol revell etc.) when a chap on Facebook pointed me in the direction of Coat D'arms paints - Apparently the original manufacturer of Citadel's range and still have them all in production - Fantastic.

However I know knowt about them as a manufacturer - are they any good? And are the paints as good as they used to be?

Cheers!

Jonas

I really like them.

I use different brands of paint, P3, Foundry, very old Citadel and Coat D'Arms. I think all of these are comparable in quility, but has their differences.

Personally I am gradually changing most of my paints to Coat D'Arms.

portman":1xsdwco6 said:
However I know knowt about them as a manufacturer - are they any good? And are the paints as good as they used to be?

If anything they're better than when GW used to sell them. Colour and thickness consistency is far better than back when I used to work at GW in the early 90's. We used to store the pots in big bins, and when a new delivery turned up, we opened a pot of each to see if they matched. If not, we'd leave them boxed up until the old stocks ran out so people who ordered multiples wouldn't get different shades in the same order!

portman

Thanks for the comments chaps - looks like it's worth getting a few!

dieselmonkey":2t75vm6c said:
portman":2t75vm6c said:

If anything they're better than when GW used to sell them. Colour and thickness consistency is far better than back when I used to work at GW in the early 90's. We used to store the pots in big bins, and when a new delivery turned up, we opened a pot of each to see if they matched. If not, we'd leave them boxed up until the old stocks ran out so people who ordered multiples wouldn't get different shades in the same order!

That's funny as hell that - especially as I've been working in Quality Control/Assurance for the past 20 years!

Back