oldhammer bretonnian riders - 1987 or 2018?

Red Ember

The Foundry website says "These Early Medieval Knights were sculpted by Michael and Alan Perry and originally released by Citadel Miniatures in 1986." I believe they are the same, the difference of a year in release simply because that cavalry pack was not the first release in the range.

Red Ember

Yes, riders look like equally without shields. The difference is the cost: old GW miniatures cost 10+ pounds on ebay (including horses), foundry ones are rather cheaper. But model origins are vital for collectors. I think there should be different sound when one strikes the miniature with something metal thing like a file (if foundry knights are made of white metal, not old leaden GW alloy), but I am not sure...

The same models to all intents and purposes. Foundry still use lead, so even the metal is pretty much the same.

About the only difference would be that the original horses had slotta tabs, and the foundry ones are on solid bases.

portman

Nothing to add to the discussion as such, other than one of the things I've found fascinating since joining this forum is finding out about all of these companies that are still producing these older miniatures - fascinating.

One of the things that's put me off getting into WFB so far was the thought of having to source an army from ebay or some such. If you can still buy new then that's great news.

Is there a list somewhere on the forum of these types of companies?

(Apologies for the thread jack BTW - I'm just gobsmacked to learn this stuff is out there).

portman

portman":2v0vp4ld said:
Is there a list somewhere on the forum of these types of companies?

:oops: sorry just answered my own question - there's a sticky thread at the top of the board...

Red Ember

Not only pre-slotta horses, shields are different too if memory serves.
It is funny to see bretonnian bombard "by GW" for 40 pounds amongst e-bay lots and the same from foundry for 15 pounds (due to their site)

Back