£175??????

Leromides

That's too high a price point for me too but if you want to try the old version Berkut we can easily add it to the games list for next year.

Aren't these figures larger than the older versions?

£175 is nothing...

Try paying - $306. :shock:

Last time I checked the exchange rate wasn't £1 = ~$1.75. Over on the The Grand Alliance Community, I was awarded 5 warning points for raising this issue albeit over Age of $igmar products. :roll: Granted we're not as hosed as Antipodeans, but it's still a significant mark-up, especially as some of these supplements are printed stateside - according to a store manager, IIRC.

On the plus side, the scaled buildings look nice: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Adeptus-Titanicus-Civitas-Imperialis-Sector-2018 https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Adeptus-Titanicus-Civitas-Imperialis-2018

Berkut666

On the Taccom forum there is a pic of one of the titans with the old Epic 6mm Marine on it. Originally the Titans were touted as being 8mm but in all honesty they look way bigger than that. The Titan looked more than double the size of the old Imperator Titan for epic. For me the price point is awful given what little comes in the box. It just doesn’t seem like good value.

The original one would be a good one for next year Leromides

i'm more annoyed that they shifted 1000 copies and sold out in about an hour. I was hoping to pick up a copy next month when I've got some cash spare.

dieselmonkey":2spmu2bk said:
i'm more annoyed that they shifted 1000 copies and sold out in about an hour. I was hoping to pick up a copy next month when I've got some cash spare.
Is it a claim or a fact that they shifted 1000 copies? Could GW be using perceived scarcity to generate demand?

I rushed and bought three Citadel Painting Handles from a GW store last month, as I was expecting out of stock in a few days, like the last 2 instance, but they're still available. :|

Berkut666":uyjy8fi5 said:
On the Taccom forum there is a pic of one of the titans with the old Epic 6mm Marine on it. Originally the Titans were touted as being 8mm but in all honesty they look way bigger than that. The Titan looked more than double the size of the old Imperator Titan for epic. For me the price point is awful given what little comes in the box. It just doesn’t seem like good value.

The original one would be a good one for next year Leromides

Still cheaper than the £1293 28mm sized Warlord Titan... :lol:

Wouldn't something scaled/sized to an 8mm infantryman be around this size? All the old Epic mechs were were under scaled...

Found it: http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/viewtopic.php?p=627077#p627077

A single Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Battle Titan for $110. :shock: It's on a 120mm base and can't complain abotut the size and details, but it's still cheaper in the UK and anyone else dislike that GDub$ keeps promoting the number of components to justify the price? Do scale model manufacturers, like Tamiya, do this too? For $30-$60 more, I'd rather get 28mm sized Imperial Knights...

With the addition of a $16 novel, Titanicus Collection is $306 and the Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy Grand Master Edition for $290. There are also no frills versions: Adeptus Titanicus: Warlord Collection
$170
, with a single Warlord Titan, and Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy Rules Set
$60
, with no Titans. :lol:

Berkut666

I quite like the scale against the 6mm Marines. I always thought the titans looked too small on the battlefield. But the price is the killer!

It's pricey but it is the everything in one box edition. Wayland have full retail on that too. Shop around and you can find it for £135, albeit out of stock for now. If you buy the bits and pieces separately then most of it works out fairly reasonable. The rule set is £35 or as low as £27 elsewhere. The knights are £20 for a set of three but again you can get them for £16 if you look. The scenery sets might get pricey if you need to buy a lot. The warlord titans though aren't cheap at £65 (£50 elsewhere) but they're 6 inch tall which is pretty damned big (how big are the standard 40K imperial knights for comparison?). Of course everyone loses their shit about this but a couple of years back when this was first rumored people were expecting expensive FW resin titans. I'm sure they'd have been the same price but crap to boot. It certainly ain't 1989 anymore!

Condottiero Magno":1cd841o4 said:
dieselmonkey":1cd841o4 said:
Is it a claim or a fact that they shifted 1000 copies? Could GW be using perceived scarcity to generate demand?

Well, there were 1000 limited edition coins on offer, so they sold *at least* that many, this morning. Anyway, it's a new and highly anticipated release, they really don't need to generate demand for it, it's already there.

Stormbringer":sj2dcv27 said:
Condottiero Magno":sj2dcv27 said:
Still cheaper than the £1293 28mm sized Warlord Titan

My word! How is that even remotely practical for a 28mm war game table?
Had the same opinion about Imperial Knights, but changed my opinion after realizing that they're around the same height as a WFB giant and I've spent as much on Kickstarters in the past. Titans Warhound and up on the other hand...

40K: Deep Thought – Is A Warlord Titan Worth It?

Warlord Battle Titan

ATM, I can't imagine paying £1200+ for one, nor around half for a Warhound or Reaver, but there's always been demand since the days of scratch building.

For £3000, one could own a Legio Titanicus Titan Maniple, consisting of a Warlord, 2 Reavers and 2 Warhounds. :lol:

stone cold lead":27jx4m1s said:
It's pricey but it is the everything in one box edition. Wayland have full retail on that too. Shop around and you can find it for £135, albeit out of stock for now. If you buy the bits and pieces separately then most of it works out fairly reasonable. The rule set is £35 or as low as £27 elsewhere. The knights are £20 for a set of three but again you can get them for £16 if you look. The scenery sets might get pricey if you need to buy a lot. The warlord titans though aren't cheap at £65 (£50 elsewhere) but they're 6 inch tall which is pretty damned big (how big are the standard 40K imperial knights for comparison?). Of course everyone loses their shit about this but a couple of years back when this was first rumored people were expecting expensive FW resin titans. I'm sure they'd have been the same price but crap to boot. It certainly ain't 1989 anymore!
You do realize you're being rather parochial with the pricing? As mentioned before, those of us in the RoW are paying more for GW products, especially as these Titans are manufactured in China for pennies. The Grandmaster Edition, with two Titans and 6 Knights, is no longer available, no mention of being out of stock in the US store...

Adeptus Titanicus Part 4: Getting Started

If you and a friend are planning to collect Adeptus Titanicus, we’d suggest picking up a Grand Master Edition plus the Rules Set. Split the models, and you’ll each have a complete set of rules content, plus a Warlord and unit of Questoris Knights – a great start and enough to get playing smaller games.

Rules only for $60 or less, if one could find it on eBay, is that one could drop $330 + sales tax for 3 Warlords and omit the Knights at their own peril.

The foundation of any Adeptus Titanicus battlegroup for Narrative and Matched Play is the maniple. A maniple consists of between 3 and 5 Titans of various kinds – different types of maniple include different Titans. For example, the Axiom Battleline Maniple has one of each Titan type – Warlord, Reaver and Warhound – as compulsory components, with the option to add another Reaver and another Warhound.
Once you have selected a maniple, you can add supporting banners of Questoris Knights. Even a single box of Knights – which contains three models with a variety of weapons – is enough to get started and there are no limits (besides your available points) to how many Knights you can have fighting alongside your Titans.
Can't say I'm for or against this release, but at these prices, if I were inclined, I'd rather buy the 28/32mm sized Knights. Since they're not going to shift as many Warlords as Orcs, I can understand why the models are priced as such, but not the mark up.

Condottiero Magno":2aq40wfr said:
especially as these Titans are manufactured in China for pennies.

Not to take issue with the pricing, but as far as I'm aware, all injection moulding is done in-house in Nottingham now.

Condottiero Magno":32zexken said:
You do realize you're being rather parochial with the pricing? As mentioned before, those of us in the RoW are paying more for GW products

Move!

... would be my ex-Frothers response ;)

How does the pricing in the US compare to other similar products from other companies? I know currency converter anger comes easy to some people but I have no idea whether the prices overseas are so much higher or whether they work out as being 'about right' for that market.

Scalene

They look quite nice but the new scale for me is a killer. I've got quite a bit of Epic, no way I'm going to start again at a slightly different scale. Same for other periods, e.g. I have 15mm WW2, I'm not going to do WW2 in another scale.

dieselmonkey":109s334m said:
Condottiero Magno":109s334m said:
especially as these Titans are manufactured in China for pennies.

Not to take issue with the pricing, but as far as I'm aware, all injection moulding is done in-house in Nottingham now.

Since when? The Azyrite Ruins released earlier this year are of Chinese origin.

July 3rd Spikey Bits article: Templates are Back! New Adeptus Titanicus Previews

Check the lower right in both pics:

titanicus-game-1.jpg

Adeptus Titanicus box and model pics

KjSahex.jpg

stone cold lead":3rn3vomf said:
Condottiero Magno":3rn3vomf said:
You do realize you're being rather parochial with the pricing? As mentioned before, those of us in the RoW are paying more for GW products

Move!

How does the pricing in the US compare to other similar products from other companies? I know currency converter anger comes easy to some people but I have no idea whether the prices overseas are so much higher or whether they work out as being 'about right' for that market.
There are no ex-Frothers! Unless you relocated to Random Platypus... ;) How is it over there? We're being spammed by Russian boobs - both kinds. :lol:

Until 1997, I used to live in the UK and remember the glorious transition from lead to pewter: buy 2 or 3 and get 1 free at the Plaza and Kingston stores. :) Completed most of my Empire collection and prefer these over the mono posed halberdiers - want to sell these, but not sure at what price.

Can't say for certain for every product, as I always order direct from the UK, since no one locally carries the wanted brands, unless it's Reaper and CCG.

For example: WR20 Plastic 'Mercenaries', European Infantry 1450-1500 is £20.00 and at the Warstore for $36.25, but discounted to $28.99. Can't say if the $36.25 is a markup due to the cost of importing the boxed set, as it's above the current exchange rate, but must be a significant factor. The difference is that the Perrys aren't a multi-national corporation and we still paid higher prices when GW had a US manufacturing facility. I was told by a store manager that after the Age of Sigmar hardcover army tomes sell out, locally softcover versions are printed, but no idea where. The Warstore and other places do offer discounts like 15% and more if you're veteran, but none locally for the former, so shipping cancels any savings, leaving eBay as the only option.

Condottiero Magno":1e9s058z said:
stone cold lead":1e9s058z said:
Condottiero Magno":1e9s058z said:

Move!

There are no ex-Frothers! Unless you relocated to Random Platypus... ;) How is it over there? We're being spammed by Russian boobs - both kinds. :lol:

Until 1997, I used to live in the UK and remember the glorious transition from lead to pewter: buy 2 or 3 and get 1 free at the Plaza and Kingston stores. :) Completed most of my Empire collection and prefer these over the mono posed halberdiers - want to sell these, but not sure at what price.

Can't say for certain for every product, as I always order direct from the UK, since no one locally carries the wanted brands, unless it's Reaper and CCG.

For example: WR20 Plastic 'Mercenaries', European Infantry 1450-1500 is £20.00 and at the Warstore for $36.25, but discounted to $28.99. Can't say if the $36.25 is a markup due to the cost of importing the boxed set, as it's above the current exchange rate, but must be a significant factor. The difference is that the Perrys aren't a multi-national corporation and we still paid higher prices when GW had a US manufacturing facility. I was told by a store manager that after the Age of Sigmar hardcover army tomes sell out, locally softcover versions are printed, but no idea where. The Warstore and other places do offer discounts like 15% and more if you're veteran, but none locally for the former, so shipping cancels any savings, leaving eBay as the only option.

I quit both sites some years ago. Frothers became nothing more than a TMP flame war fest and RP kinda looked like it was dying (it's not looking too healthy over here either!).

Anyway, I'd have to assume that any markup would be down to shipping and import costs etc. Could some pricing also be linked to how much people earn or something in any given territory? When it comes to buying overseas, like you say shipping costs quickly kill any savings. I used to check out overseas prices for some things but with the exchange rate, higher shipping costs and the threat of UK Customs charges it's just not worth it. Even on Ebay I stopped searching worldwide and only bother with UK listings, although I know Ebay has slightly different issues when it comes to overseas shipping costs.

Back