So what's it all about then?

portman

Hi Guys,

Sorry for starting my time here with a rather stupid question - and I will indeed post up something in the intro thread in a moment - but I just wanted to be sure I'm getting the right vibe about this rather nice looking forum of yours, that I stumbled across by sheer good luck.

So, am I right in thinking that this is a forum dedicated to all of the old GW stuff that's no longer in print or in general play - and just people enjoying it as it used to be (old figures, styles of painting etc?

If so I've found a home :grin:

Cheers!

Stuart

Jonas

Yeah, you are pretty much on point.

Although we do not all limit ourselves to GW.

But stick around and you will soon see how things are done around here. It is mostly about having fun.

And welcome on board.

Don't worry about what constitutes Oldhammer, as it'll mean different things to different people...

I consider anything before WFB 6th to be in this group, while others might call 4th and 5th as Herohammer, while Oldhammer proper being reserved for 3rd and below. It's all fun and we don't limit ourselves to a brand.

portman

Thanks for the info guys - that's pretty much what I thought. What I've read on the boards thus far has been really impressive.

portman

Stormbringer":o012ruie said:
You should read Zhu's Oldhammer Contract blog post -- it's a pretty good summary of what it's all about!

That's a really great link - thank you.

I do like the idea of only having a small number of figures rather than a large army. Some of the best games I had of 3rd edition 40K were small squad vs squad games I played with my Brother.

Back