Where can one get these Chaos Dwarfs?

Do you know where these miniatures are available?

sx11ns1.jpg

sZo9f97.jpg

Fuxxx

Wow... after reading a bit in this forum today... just wow. Thats a good crime story, a sculptor that makes more and more good minis, but only shipping them to well known people on the forum. Just read this thread: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showt ... 163&page=1 , if you dont have enough time I'd just recommend true^vectors post on page 12: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showt ... 63&page=12 .
Thats just a mean spirited scheme going on there, reading it feels like getting told campfire horror storys for hobbyists :grin:

Orjetax

Fuxxx":2ztl2787 said:
Wow... after reading a bit in this forum today... just wow. Thats a good crime story, a sculptor that makes more and more good minis, but only shipping them to well known people on the forum. Just read this thread: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showt ... 163&page=1 , if you dont have enough time I'd just recommend true^vectors post on page 12: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showt ... 63&page=12 .
Thats just a mean spirited scheme going on there, reading it feels like getting told campfire horror storys for hobbyists :grin:

It was like a train wreck I couldn’t look away from.

I don’t regret following that link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuxxx

It was like a train wreck I couldn’t look away from.

And thats my problem, I should really study for my maths exam tomorrow. Still it was entertaining.

And it answers the initial question: sadly you cant get these chaos dwarfs. They were sold as a part of a scam. Some people from the afirmentioned forum wanted revenge/compensation for all of this and tried to organize to recast all the stuff that people actually got, to give it to the people that didnt get packets. The problem is: they didnt do this to sell the miniatures or to make them avaliable and they were shut down by their admins. However they seem to have produced some of them, maybe organizing via pm, which explains the metal casts mentioned in the first post. These have to be recasts since the original creator "Zonk" only cast plastic ones. That explains also why the quality on the metal ones doesnt seem to be that good.

Sjoerdo

Fuxxx":b2413sr6 said:
And it answers the initial question: sadly you cant get these chaos dwarfs. They were sold as a part of a scam. Some people from the afirmentioned forum wanted revenge/compensation for all of this and tried to organize to recast all the stuff that people actually got, to give it to the people that didnt get packets. The problem is: they didnt do this to sell the miniatures or to make them avaliable and they were shut down by their admins. However they seem to have produced some of them, maybe organizing via pm, which explains the metal casts mentioned in the first post. These have to be recasts since the original creator "Zonk" only cast plastic ones. That explains also why the quality on the metal ones doesnt seem to be that good.

I am quite an active member on CDO online, I found out a little more about these guys. Apparently somebody has turned the tables on the scam artist that made these Chaos Dwarfs originally. Using some of the original resin casts they have now made metal casts and are making them available to the public again. Casts are actually quite good and crisp, hope to see some painted versions showing up soon.

Fuxxx

Thanks for the insight :)
I'm still wondering, the mods had a solid point shutting this down... the guy is a scammer but still holds the rights for the stuff. I dont mind though, the miniatures look neat and it would be a shame never to see them produced again. But the greatest mystery for me is that the guy didnt sell the minis instead of scamming people, seemed to have talent...

Sjoerdo

Fuxxx":1th35965 said:
But the greatest mystery for me is that the guy didnt sell the minis instead of scamming people, seemed to have talent...

That truly is a mystery, he has done it on multiple other for a also, with different sculpts... He can sculpt, he can cast, would probably have made more money in the long run if he'd chosen the fair way...

Anyways the minis are back out there, just noticed all the tabs are labelled: Karma is B!tch :lol: .

ardyer

Sjoerdo":2u14bmbw said:
Fuxxx":2u14bmbw said:
But the greatest mystery for me is that the guy didnt sell the minis instead of scamming people, seemed to have talent...

That truly is a mystery, he has done it on multiple other for a also, with different sculpts... He can sculpt, he can cast, would probably have made more money in the long run if he'd chosen the fair way...

Anyways the minis are back out there, just noticed all the tabs are labelled: Karma is B!tch .
Some people get off on it. I used to know a guy who was a high school drop out that taught himself to program computers just to scam people with (in the 90s). I used to shake my head because he put to much work into it that it would have been less work to get a legitimate job with better pay!

Blue in VT

yeah this was a nutty time on the CDO...fucking Zonk was/is a mad man. Some how I ended up with one of his Ass cannon knock offs...it is a very strange blue Resin. Anyway...check out the CDO Facebook group...I think they were discussing this just the other day.

Cheers,

Blue

ardyer":1s931c6p said:
Some people get off on it. I used to know a guy who was a high school drop out that taught himself to program computers just to scam people with (in the 90s). I used to shake my head because he put to much work into it that it would have been less work to get a legitimate job with better pay!

Unbelievable. What wasted efforts!

I heard the last minis in this lost range has been brought back. And some of them are 3rd ed style! This was the picture I was mailed:

cBWf9RF.jpg

Back