Dark Future or Car Wars

Willmark

So I was fortunate to pick up a copy of Car Wars for $20 which is pretty sweet if you ask me. But reading through it I was reminded just how dense the rule set was and is.

Then I remembered what I really wanted Dark Future. The ads back in Dragon looked really cool (They were in White Dwarf by the time I started collecting it- at least to any degree). Those who have played it, much less rules crunch then Car Wars is my guess?

Dark Future is far more simple than Car Wars, simply as there's so much more stuff for CW. I found as a game that DF is massively limited by the fact you can only move along a road so it's a very linear game. (literally!). Personally I preferred Battlecars as a good middle ground.

Willmark

dieselmonkey":36mstp97 said:
Dark Future is far more simple than Car Wars, simply as there's so much more stuff for CW. I found as a game that DF is massively limited by the fact you can only move along a road so it's a very linear game. (literally!). Personally I preferred Battlecars as a good middle ground.
How do the rules “play” as it were? Being a GW game I’m guessing fairly straightforward without the crunch of car wars.

Back