New Fantasy Wargame

Ckatash

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this! I've been working on a new fantasy Wargame for the past year and a half. I know it still needs refining but I'd like to share it with you and hear your feedback. The link below will take you to the pdf of the core rules.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... hY3MI-Rie4

I've done a lot of work on the narrative side of things too and I'll share that with you guys very soon if you're interested. Many thanks!

Sprinkles

Like it, nice mechanics. I particularly like the types of battles and tactical games on the last few pages. I may just have to have a go at these!. Do you have any army stats worked out?. What would be a basic human stat line for example?.

Ckatash

Thank you! I'm hard at work on army lists at the moment in a monumental spreadsheet! There's a lot of work involved trying to figure out how to balance things though but I'm hoping to have a few basic army lists done soon for testing the game. The basic human profile at the moment is M 9 Cs 3 Rs 3 Def 4 Sta 4 Res 8 Ar 0

Which means a unit of 4 ranks of basic humans armed with hand weapons would roll 7 dice when attacking in melee.

Sprinkles

Sounds like a lot of work but it sounds like you are having fun doing it. Will you be sticking with the army lists alone or will you let us have the point system so we can build in our own troop types?. Oh and dont worry too much over perfectly balanced army lists, i find unless you are going very simple it is not possible to balance everything, decent players will know not to abuse the system if they want to get a good, fun game.

Ckatash

Once the army lists are done I'll definitely share the flawed formula I've crafted for assigning points values haha.

Zhu Bajie

Had a quick look, seems like a nice clear ruleset!

I did think the A B C labels for weapons was a little confusing. Maybe... Dice (+1) Re-Roll (1) Modifier (+1)

Also I didn't get a feeling of scale - how many men to a rank, or did I just miss that?

Ckatash

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I wasn't sure what to label the weapon stats. Originally the weapons just had one Attack value which was the amount of extra dice you roll but that didn't allow much variation between different weapons so I added the rerolls and modifiers.

I'll have 2 army lists ready to go this weekend, the humans of the Splinter Kingdoms and the Undead. Hoping to have a few more army lists done next week too.

I'll post some of the narrative stuff this weekend as well.

Ckatash

In regards to scale, I've gone for 4 or 5 human sized models per rank although the exact number doesn't matter as long as the footprint of each rank matches what it should be. For most infantry units it's 100mm x 20mm (5 models on 20mm square bases).

Back