The Greatest Battle Report of 2017: Nominations

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:46 am

The Greatest Battle Report of 2017: Nominations

battlereport.jpg
battlereport.jpg (155.35 KiB) Viewed 807 times

As we're coming to the close of the year, I thought it might be fun to look back at some of the great batreps that peeps have been doing throughout the year.

Works something like this:

1. Nominate a great battle-report.
1.1 Must be relevant to Oldhammer in some way, be it old-school rules, miniatures or whathaveyou.
1.2 Must be published (not necessarily played) this year - 2017.
1.3 Must be publicly accessible on a blog or this forum or wherever,
1.4 It can be your own, someone else's.
1.5 Just add a link to this thread, by 20th December,
2. Vote for the best - I'll compile a poll of all the nominations around 11th of December
3. Win the winner then has the honour of sticking the 'the Greatest Battlereport 2017' graphic on their blog or just basking in the glory of well earned adoration and going down in the annals of history.

Let the well documented, entertainingly written and presented battle commence!

Current Nominations

1. Meeting by the Standing Stones - Golgfag
2. Pitch Invasion - Nico
3. Trouble at Fur Traders Hut -vonkortez
4. Graveskul, Hit the Beach! - airbornegrove26
5. The Eternal Champions Gathering - Asslessman
6. Shadows Under Bogenhaced - Asslessman
7. Guramm's Last Stand - Iannick
8. The Hellgate - Katsuhiko JiNNai
9. Project Iowa Episode 9: Knockout punch - SymphonicPoet
10. Tilea #8 - Padre
Last edited by Zhu Bajie on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:50 am

Re: The Greatest Battle Report of 2017: Nominations

OK, given the drubbing I took in the Golden Goblin (No hard feelings Rob, honest) I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one, a early contribution in February this year - A meeting by the standing stones (A tight spot) viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9948 Ably developed and Gm'd by the other Paul/Grumdril one Friday night at Abingdon Wargames Club, when I was placed in a very tight spot between Gaj & Mubo!

This time I might actually vote for myself.

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:55 am

Such a great idea Zhu! :)

I submit a funny battle report of a scenario I took in the "Herault Citadel" (French Citadel miniatures magazine from 80's), I modified the original scenario at 80%. I played it 3 times with differents group of friends, this battle report is the last game at the Oldhammer Day France this year.

Warhammer battle scenario - Pitch invasion !
Some month of works, for building sceneries and for painting miniatures. I used the WHFB 3rd ed rules and managed the scenario as Game Master.

Good reading !

The scenario
The opposing factions
The special guests
The battle report

Nico.

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:49 pm

I´ll submit a report of a three player scenario I GM`d last summer. I hadn´t done GMing in ages and was pretty nervous about how the scenario would work but it turned out just fine.
Stupid trolls, escaping prisoners, elves covering the escape of their former captives, forest fire and lots of casualties.

http://vanhaavasarointia.blogspot.fi/2017/07/trouble-at-fur-traders-hut-3rd-edition.html

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Alright, There are 2 I would suggest,

the first being our Rogue trader game at BOYL this summer, not for the quality of teh report but for the sheer madness of the game played

The second one would be the MOrdheim campaign I played earlier this year for the overall experience.

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:34 pm

I suggest this one :

Guramm's last stand : http://maraudersandcitadels.blogspot.ca ... attle.html

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 am

Can i chuck 2 nominations into the ring?. Two people spring to mind not just for the reports they have done this year but for the fact that they have build and played fantastic campaigns that not only have great narratives but are presented brilliantly as well as being very entertaining. The first is Symphonicpoets' Project Iowa, i'd like to include his Episode 9: Knockout punch http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10164 And also Pardre who has been producing fantastic reports for eons. Can i put forward his Tilea (IC2401) #8 http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2889 ?. Both are great reports in their own right but part of two great story arcs.
http://wronghammer.blogspot.co.uk/ for all you can read underwhelming wargames related tomfoolery.

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Wargh! What a great list of nominations, glad to see some of my favourites in there too, saved me from having to add them.

I've compiled a handy list in the first post. Considering closing the nominations phase a little early and going to the voting stage, so if you have any more nominations get them in quick!
Next

Return to General Discussions