Foundry’s 2000ad clearance sale

Sleepysod

I’m sure most of you have already seen but Wargames Foundry has 25% off it’s 2000ad range marked as clearance. Does anyone know the background here? I’ve decided to press ahead and have just purchased most most of the ABC warriors just in case - I missed out on the mongoose miniatures range and regret it, not least because of the BIN prices on eBay. I am curious how the Foundry compare sizewise to the old citadel range (I’m guessing mongoose are larger, although not as big as the current 40k range?)

Chico

I can't help you with any facts of why they are getting rid but my guess would be somewhere along the lines of they have lost the licence or choose not to renew it.

Scale wise Foundry's range is massive, far far larger than the 25mm Citadel and on par with if not a tad larger than Mongoose.

Sleepysod

Thanks - that’s surprising but should work for the ABC warriors, I bought mekquake and the large Hammerstein so I think they should be ok. At least fun to paint...

I'm guessing Rebellion finally caught up with them. Scalewise chico's right, they're huge, bigger than Mongoose's range, and variable in quality. Some are lovely, some are dire.

Fimm McCool

Foundry held the license to produce collector's miniatures, which would explain the larger size. It's a wierd kinda license to hold though, and with Warlord Games taking over the gaming license from Mongoose they may well have contested Foundry's license as part of the new agreement.

Fimm McCool":1z34hegd said:
Foundry held the license to produce collector's miniatures, which would explain the larger size. It's a wierd kinda license to hold though, and with Warlord Games taking over the gaming license from Mongoose they may well have contested Foundry's license as part of the new agreement.

Are Warlord actually planning to do anything at all with the Dredd IP? They sold off all the old Mongoose stock and now there's nothing JD related on the site at all.

Fimm McCool

I can't say what they are planning, but the 2000ad stuff they had was all Mongoose's and Warlord were merely distributing. Now Warlord have the license themselves but won't (probably) have permission to use the Mongoose sculpts/products so will be starting from scratch.

area23

All the Mongoose metals were bought by Rebel Miniatures in the USA, who are slowly releasing them as generic sci-fi gangs.

Sleepysod

Scale wise Foundry's range is massive, far far larger than the 25mm Citadel and on par with if not a tad larger than Mongoose.

You weren't kidding. Have just received some of the old Citadel range today from ebay. Judge Reed is tiny compared to the Foundry Dredd model I picked up in the sale. And Don Uggie is around the same size as a chimp in the Mongoose range... Still lovely miniature though

Back