Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age

At the risk of being completely wrong, yhe fantasy wargaming hobby might be doing a full aesthetic cycle turn and return to its Tolkienesque classic fantasy style roots familiar to 1980s Citadel collectors.

Affordable plastic Dark Age style Dwarves by Osprey. Not Citadel, though, obviously. Sharing in case it is of any interest:

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age

I note it's the same author as Frostgrave, just hope this is a better ruleset than that one.

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Must admit, however anatomically implausible they are, I do aesthetically prefer citadel's 'legless hairy dumplings' over the Tolkienesque 'tall short people' that these have going on.

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:09 pm

I wouldn't mix them in the same force as my Citadel dwarves, and some of the beards need a 'tache adding, but I really like the Tolkiensque vibe of these.

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Really like the overall designs on the dwarves, some of those heads remind me of Foaming Mad Furrikson from the Chaos Dwarf Renegades. Not sure what it is but there seems to be something lacking.

Not enough about the game to have an opinion.

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:51 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:Must admit, however anatomically implausible they are, I do aesthetically prefer citadel's 'legless hairy dumplings' over the Tolkienesque 'tall short people' that these have going on.

Same here. Balls or bust! Still, nice minis.

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:41 am

A couple of years ago these dwarves would have been a sight for sore eyes, but nowadays we have Bood and the Macrocosm dwarves so I'm not so sure about them.

The goblins look very interesting though - I'm thinking hobgoblin / half-orc...

dieselmonkey wrote:Must admit, however anatomically implausible they are, I do aesthetically prefer citadel's 'legless hairy dumplings' over the Tolkienesque 'tall short people' that these have going on.

Infidel!. The beard-with-feet style dwarf is a travesty! Perry-inspired dwarves are the one true dwarf! :)

Paul B / Grumdril

Return to General Discussions