[Leadspotting] Ancient Citadel Miniatures on the Telly!

Zhu Bajie

I guess everyone has seen this already, bit thought it would be worth posting here for posterity.

1983 interview with Tim Olsen (famous for running the GW shop in Hammersmith, then Manchester, then taking over the world, but a legend to me for painting the Pygmies in WD#70). During the interview several Citadel Miniatures float past the screen, appear on tables etc.

https://youtu.be/SWsNnIxKV9Q?t=16m59s

Now for the Leadspotting challenge. I've got the easy ones, so no points there:

Gnoll Chieftans Chariot
Imperial Dragon
The Citadel Giant

But there are several others - a Dinosaur with a Saxophone, that I think I recognise from White Dwarf, a Sabre Toothed Orc (which one?) a Skeleton Standard Bearer, some kind of chaos chimera thing?

John is sporting a blue Citadel Miniatures t-shirt - bonus points for any solid info on that one!

Gallivantes

This was fun... I think the dinosaur is a Ral Partha Allosaurus (still available from Iron Wind Metals)

I believe the Orc is the Fantasy Tribes "FTO-12 Orc Bodyguard with Battleaxe", variation 14 found on CCM.

The Undead model appears to be also Fantasy Tribes. The FTS18 "Standard Bearer of the Legions of Hell" (I should put that on my business card).
He doesn't have his tooty horn on the telly but if it's not a conversion or just broken perhaps it's a thumb sucking variation? Or maybe just a victim of that eighties visual effects effort...

The Chaos Chimera thing appears to be a dragon, plain and simple. I found the "Sredni Vashtar, the Serpentine Dragon" from Archive Miniatures on SoDemons

Zhu Bajie

Wow - that's an extremely fast full house to Mr. Galllivantes! Well played, you have +400 leadspotting points.

It's great how Tim Olsen seems kind of incredulous about the whole thing, and the D&D players are all just 'why are you asking us stupid questions?'.

Gallivantes

Ha ha thanks, I will spend them on light armour for my goblin pike. Indeed, my favourite exchange was this:

Interviewer: "What's the trick up your sleeve about your character?"
Kid: "I use magic"
Interviewer "Fine. " (and moves on to the next bloke)

Something tells me that woman did not get heavily into DnD after this encounter.

Back