Space/Star bastard's

Let's get started boys :)

Here are the rules for Star Bastards created by Curtis:

STARBASTARDS
There are 2 factions in the game, the Star Bastards (SB) and the Helsreachers (HR)
Each faction one gets a 5 min turn. The game lasts 1 hour, so that should be 6 turns each.

DEPLOYMENT

The HR faction can set up as they choose, anywhere on the board.

The SBs drift in from the warp. Roll a D6 for each SB. On the roll of a 1 they turn up late roll again next turn. If they arriveon time, place the model anywhere on the board, then scatter them 2D6" in a random direction. Models should be places intelligently if they intersect with any terrain (ask the GM if in doubt!)

ACTIONS AND POINTS

In each turn players must earn SB points by doing bastardly actions. At the end of the game, the player with the most SB points wins. These are

1. Kill something
2. Act of heroic consumption, so drinking beer or eating all the pies, whatever.
3. Act of fornication
4. Act of vandalism.

1. Kill something is easy and low risk, so an SB that "kills" a model gets a point. We will be using Necromunda Underhive 2003, so kill really means a wounding hit, one that results in down or out of action. Each wound (or vehicle damage paoint) gains 1 SB point.

2. Consumption. An SB in contact with a food or drink vendor may attempt to quaff all the yummies. This is a Toughness test, where you get the amount of points that you pass by. SO a marine with T4 can get 1, 2 or 3 points based on their roll. Passing by 0 (so rolling a 4) means no points. Failing means you lose that many from your T, so a 5 or 6 reduces your T by 1 or 2.

3. Fornication. Models must be in base contact to do the act, obviously! No tele-dildonics here! The more turns you last, the more points you get. Each turn in base contact make an Ld test. Each time you pass you get tokens, 1 for the first turn, 2 for the second etc. When you fail the test you have finished and get your tokens turned to SB points. The victim can make an opposed D6+Str roll to break free. If the fornication is interrupted for any reason, ie if charged or shot (and hit), or if the victim wins the opposed strenght roll the SB loses their tokens for the abrupt end to the fun.

4. Vandalism. SBs get 1 point for each graffiti tag they put up on a bit of terrain. The player actually has to physically make the mark with a pen, sticker or paint, stencil whatever. This is a fun one because the player actually has to bring thier own art supplies! Bonus points will be awarded by GM discretion for superb works of art or jokes etc Just doing a dot is not rewarded, nor an X but, something that adds flavour to the terrain piece is super awesome and will get bonus points.

Enjoy the game fellas :grin:

Harry

Discovered there is already a game called Space Bastards .... so we better go with Star Bastards. :grin:

I have already identified the figures for the gang ... and the vehicle I want to use .... but not the first idea what miniature will be the starting point for my Star Bastard.

Fimm McCool

I looked out my space marine spares last night and have the good basis for bastard number 1....

Star Bastards sounds better anyway. Incidentally, BAD STARS is an anagram of Bastards...

Leromides

This has to be done, I have a figure in mind as well and the song I wanna be a mean star bastard running round my head in the style of I wanna be an airborne ranger :grin:

Harry

Curtis was talking about doing a Gorka Morka flavoured game.
Can't help thinking that the ideas we had around a Star Bastard ... a few sidekicks ... and a vehicle ... is the right size of gang for Gorka Morka

Im in for sure. Can we do Star Bastards on the next Helsreach board please? As like a mini game type thing? Also not using gorkamorka rules for they suck in my opinion. Also they are definately not suitable for a large multi player game.

I will be working up some better vehicle rules for next years BOYL anyway. The vehicles rules were the worst part about the Helsreach game and need making more sturdy, so I hope to work with "the community" to get soemthing working.

Fimm McCool

I'm just testing vehicle rules for Factious Waste which may be adaptable, once they are in a presentable format I'll send them for you to look over.

We should nail down the aesthetic for Star Bastard's too. So other potential player's can get started making a gang.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

So, I'm just going to look for a link that I saw Mustafa post on Twitter ...

DFt06ovVwAAlFj-.jpg

So like those guys. Or like these guys:

RT-Human_Renegades.jpg

I'm thinking it's "if Helsreach were the set of a Vietnam movie." Shanty towns, waterfront bars, oppressive heat, Imperial troops synthesising combat drugs from local flora and injecting them between their toes.

I like the idea of this being a minigame on a larger board, to be honest; it suits the idea that these aren't the centre of attention. They're just hooligans.

Harry

I was trying to think about the origins of these guys and hunting around for a forgotten chapter that could be the original chapter of the Star bastards.

I came up with the 'Desert Lions' Chapter. A completely forgotten chapter that got their first and last mention in the red compendium.

Here is everything that has ever been written about them (officially):

Legio cohorts are occasionally attached to campaigning Marine Chapters, such as during Operation Carthage (the Second Pacification of Isstvan V). When the Desert Lions Chapter took the planet's defence forts they
were preceded by a complete Legio Cohort of Robots. The Robots had been programmed to advance in an apparently mindless fashion, and proved easy targets for the defenders. However, the Desert Lions used the
opportunity to map out the defenders' fire-plans and blind spots. In the Lions' ensuing assault only seven Marines were lost. All the surviving Robots were inducted into the Chapter as honorary members as a mark of respect.

Soooo .... not much .... BUT .... we have:
A forgotten space Marine chapter.
Robots
Derelict and abandoned? Defence forts.

Sooo ... what is the story. How did these Marines get forgotten and stuck on Isstvan V .... a god forsaken rock, a desert planet?
I can only assume the fleet was completely destroyed in space, (by the rest of the orks arriving to take over the planet?)
Following the initial reports of the faliure of the first wave of attacks by the robots ... With no communications, it was assumed they had been destroyed to the last man....and they were left behind on Isstvan V ... the system completely overrun by Orks and believed lost to the Empire.

As forgotten by the Empire as they had been by GW in the 40K background.

The fact is the chapter continued to fight and killed countless enemies and won many victories but over the years of countless battles and small engagements and finally skirmish warfare their numbers dwindled.
... until the few Marines who remain are only the hardest bastards on the planet. They have gone increasingly bonkers from years of endless war and watching their brothers die .... and are now mad as fuck.

The remaining Marines now continue to fight for themselves and against anyone that gets in their way
.... the remaining Orks ... who's numbers also took a battering over the years to the point they simply gave up on the planet .... leaving those Orks still alive on the planet as abandoned as the marines .... they have gone Gorka Morka.
... and some ordinary humans who originally colonised the planet ... having hid for years underground whilst war raged on the surface .... but now with all the technology failing and the resources almost completely spent in the hive cities they have started to return to the surface and have re-colonised the planet and small settlements are popping up all over .... a bit like wild west towns.

So we have Orks living in derelict Gorka-Morka / Ramshackle style forts. Humans living in dying hive cities underground and in wild west towns above ground (I figure different towns will have different character ... wooden towns straight out of the wild west, adobe towns and shanty towns built with scrap ... depening on available resources) and the lest few remaining Marines ... roaming the planet doing pretty much whatever they like to whoever they don't much like the look of.

Original chapter colours: Long forgotten .... Outnumbered and outgunned by the bad guys, got fed up of watching their brothers die in brightly coloured armour. With no hope of rescue and having lost hope of any of their deeds ever reaching the emperor or anyone else for that matter they thought bollox to this and repainted their armour in a colour more suited to staying alive in the environment they were in. (Desert Camo?) Now they have painted and repainted there armour in whatever colours they ****ing want. What you going to do about it?

Harry

So in game terms ... our bastards and their retinues would move around the table ... from town to town, settlement to settlement (Human and Orc) causing as much collateral damage as possible ....and the Bastard who ends up WANTED in the most towns ... with the biggest Bounty on his head .... WINS. :grin:

In modelling terms folks get to build pretty much whatever style of human or Ork settlement they want (Can't wait to see Curtis Town. :grin:) ...they need only build a few buildings that can be plonked down on any table edge corner ... it need look nothing like any of the other towns settlements ... they can be based on whatever resource you can come up with to settle their .... E.g. The Shitz Creek (Methane farmers) ... I think the only stipulation should be that in every town one building needs to be a bar. :grin:

Painting: The marines can be whatever colour you like with chips in the armour showing through whatever previous colours the armour might have been painted.

Fimm McCool

Great stuff. :) Harry that's an awesome find, and James- that's exactly the picture I thought of for Star Bastards. Now... who has the drunken marine miniatures?

I like the idea (and a good 40K lore deep cut, too). I do wonder if we want to go desert again after having a desert board this year. I don't know; what does everyone think?

Back