Space/Star bastard's

STARBASTARDS
There are 2 factions in the game, the Star Bastards (SB) and the Helsreachers (HR)
Each faction one gets a 5 min turn. The game lasts 1 hour, so that should be 6 turns each.

DEPLOYMENT

The HR faction can set up as they choose, anywhere on the board.

The SBs drift in from the warp. Roll a D6 for each SB. On the roll of a 1 they turn up late roll again next turn. If they arriveon time, place the model anywhere on the board, then scatter them 2D6" in a random direction. Models should be places intelligently if they intersect with any terrain (ask the GM if in doubt!)

ACTIONS AND POINTS

In each turn players must earn SB points by doing bastardly actions. At the end of the game, the player with the most SB points wins. These are

1. Kill something
2. Act of heroic consumption, so drinking beer or eating all the pies, whatever.
3. Act of fornication
4. Act of vandalism.

1. Kill something is easy and low risk, so an SB that "kills" a model gets a point. We will be using Necromunda Underhive 2003, so kill really means a wounding hit, one that results in down or out of action. Each wound (or vehicle damage paoint) gains 1 SB point.

2. Consumption. An SB in contact with a food or drink vendor may attempt to quaff all the yummies. This is a Toughness test, where you get the amount of points that you pass by. SO a marine with T4 can get 1, 2 or 3 points based on their roll. Passing by 0 (so rolling a 4) means no points. Failing means you lose that many from your T, so a 5 or 6 reduces your T by 1 or 2.

3. Fornication. Models must be in base contact to do the act, obviously! No tele-dildonics here! The more turns you last, the more points you get. Each turn in base contact make an Ld test. Each time you pass you get tokens, 1 for the first turn, 2 for the second etc. When you fail the test you have finished and get your tokens turned to SB points. The victim can make an opposed D6+Str roll to break free. If the fornication is interrupted for any reason, ie if charged or shot (and hit), or if the victim wins the opposed strenght roll the SB loses their tokens for the abrupt end to the fun.

4. Vandalism. SBs get 1 point for each graffiti tag they put up on a bit of terrain. The player actually has to physically make the mark with a pen, sticker or paint, stencil whatever. This is a fun one because the player actually has to bring thier own art supplies! Bonus points will be awarded by GM discretion for superb works of art or jokes etc Just doing a dot is not rewarded, nor an X but, something that adds flavour to the terrain piece is super awesome and will get bonus points.

Fimm McCool

They look great rules! I'm hoping to get photos of my bastards this weekend, they're very much looking forward to getting down and dirty on Helsreach!

I should point out that they are Necromunda Marines,

Space Marine
M WS BS S T W I A LD Cost Exp
4 4 4 4 4 1 4 1 8 220 140 + 1D6

Weapons: Knife, Power Armour (3+)

Skill Types: Combat Skills, Muscle Skills, Ferocity Skills, Shooting

Enhanced Physique. Space Marines ignore being pinned and do not lose a point of WS and BS
when suffering a flesh wound. They are still taken out of action once the number of flesh wounds
reaches the amount of Weapon and Ballistic Skill (i.e. a Space Marine goes out of action if he
suffered 4 flesh wounds). A Space Marine who goes out of action rolls twice on the Serious Injuries
Chart and the player chooses which result will apply. However, this rule does not work against hits
inflicted by weapons with the High Impact special rule.

And They Shall Know No Fear. Space Marines have the Nerves of Steel skill and never have to
take a Leadership test if a friendly model goes down or out of action within 2“. Additionally, they
are not affected by Fear or Stupidity.

True Grit. Space Marines have the True Grit skill.

Killer Reputation. Space Marines have the Killer Reputation skill.

Rapid Fire. Space Marines have the Rapid Fire skill when shooting a Bolt weapon. Additionally all
Bolt weapons have a 2+ ammo roll.

Armour. A Space Marine takes no penalties while wearing Power armour. He is is immune to the
effects of a photon flash flare and can re-roll a failed Toughness test against dangerous gases
including Choke, Hallucinogen and Scare.

Fimm McCool

Only thing I'm not sure about is drifting in from the warp, after all they aren't chaos marines. Perhaps they just drift into town instead?

Fimm McCool

37663840_10156306203257279_651256980698038272_o.jpg

Here are my Star Bastards.

Daffyd Oik was formerly their company's chaplain. He still maintains a kind of puritanical zeal but it has long since lost any kind of sane reasoning (if, indeed, it ever had any). His holy relics are the boltgun (out of ammunition and probably irreparably jammed) and the spray can, with which he proclaims the victory of the Imperium over the space lizards.

Runey and Jorg Beast are average space thugs with below average intellect, making them perfect followers for Oik's weird philosophies. They really just like wandering around kicking stuff.

Milwol is a crazed lune even by the Star Bastards' standards. He rants incessantly, foaming at the mouth and trying to insult, maim and defile everything he sees. He even makes the other Bastards nervous so is usually kept chained to the Winnibaygo, the walker they use to store their loot and stomp anything that gets in their way. The Winnibaygo is covered in trophies and graffiti commemorating their exploits, including a portrait of 'Commy', a female Commissar that Oik claims to have once had a relationship with, but who he lost and is determined to find again.

Fimm McCool":2ax4yhrz said:
Only thing I'm not sure about is drifting in from the warp, after all they aren't chaos marines. Perhaps they just drift into town instead?

Well, its a game thing. Its only 6 turns so players get to put their models in good positions to start with, hence coming in. Anyway, the story of Helsreach and Logansworld is that it is cut off by warp storms. I took the initiative to imagine that the Starbastards were caught up in some kind of warp related anomaly, maybe trapped in a bubble of real space within the warp? SO they rematerialise every year for an hour.

Being in the warp, or effected by the warp, is not ONLY for chaos. All starships pass through the warp as part of routine space travel in 40k, so strange anomalies seem par for the course. SOme ships dissapear and re-emerge centuries after entering, and off course, and stuff. Or presumably BEFORE they entered. Basically, any agri-world would presumably send it produce through the warp. This doesnt mean they it is chaos-brocoli or cabbage-of-the-dark-gods.

I would like to thank the various Star Bastards for tagging my various bits of scenery. It really helps to add to my already graffiti covered buildings. :lol: You have added extra depth to them. It was great witnessing the SB game.

EricF

Administrator
What a scrolling experience. I was thinking, those riders were pretty cool, nice, nice, then hit the bug! Whoa. Now that's a beastie!

Back