Space/Star bastard's

Niibl

Some points on collateral damage: I think it wouls be great to have buildings with damagable goods around. Doors, Windows, furniture, exoloding fuel barrels ( obviously). And maybe some bunnies, bambis and other cuddly crittets...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G901F mit Tapatalk

Fimm McCool

Also, the rogue astropath in the thread title is really bugging my grandma Snobbery, could someone get rid of the bald bugger? Ta.

Erny

Thin k of it as a statment Fimm. Whenever a star bastard turns up he claims everything as his own...(that's) Star Bastard's.

I spoke with Curtis after BOYL and tried to convince him to use the Helsreach table again. It's just too damn good to not be used more than once.

I like the multiple bar idea too Harry, awesome :grin:

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Fimm McCool

I had a fun idea last night and want to do a rogue tech marine who has gone (even more than usually) psychotically fundamentalist and wants to put an end to the sacrilegious use of divine machinery by the scumbags around town. To this end he has enlisted a few civvies, modded his land raider into a cathedral to the Omnissiah, complete with the 'divine vengeance and merciful release' engine- the killiest gun I can find for cracking open rhinos. He will be stomping around town in it trying to ascertain if ANYONE is worthy of riding in a holy relic. :)

Right on bother! I'm gunna go the crack addict marines and/or the voice box modded bunch of miscreants

Although that is a lovely scene in the movie, we were thinking more along the lines of a small force. They are the remnants of a forgotten chapter.....the last if their kind. Not a feasible army, just a bunch of fckt up, strung out marines who do bad shit :)

Guys I was wondering if it might be fun, and generate a bit more excitement as well, if we posted up our ideas for what each of our Star Bastards is gunna look like and/or how were going to go about making him.

Here's one idea I've had:

RBT-01 SM legs, Copplestone upper body (one of the fat biker guys with a beard), SM backpack tied onto him. Power fist just on his fist. Linked by cables into his backpack.

Vehicle ideas too! Let's go nuts and get this thing going off it's head!!!!! :grin:

Nah, I'll be doing more than one. This is just an idea I had for starter's. Five will probably be the limit though.

Hey all,

I've finished kit-bashing my five bastards. Photobucket is still a steaming pile of diseased shit, so please hop over to my blog to check out the pics. I've also uploaded them to an album on Emporium of Rogue Dreams facebook group.

Thanks!

IM just goging to get all nerdy here: Im hearing story and ideas for models, but what will the game be?

As for Helsreach big board, Skalene has another idea for next year, so the big board wont be on. Im thinking of doing it on a 6 x 4 board though, maybe running a tighter more controlled campaign instead? Maybe it could be StarBastards?

I understand that Papafakis wont be with us next year? SO what is the actual plan here?

Or have I got the worng end of the stick and this has nothing to do with BOYL, other than conception?

No, you've got it pretty right there Curtis. The plan is to run it at BOYL. People bring they're deranged bunch of SM's with them, plonk then down in "X" township and basically rampage through it. There should be some sort point system or goal in the game though e.g. getting points for civilians killed, maimed, kidnapped, sold etcetera, buildings trashed, ownership replaced. There could be other fun, but more hardcore elements, introduced into the game, but that'll need to be discussed further.

The table? Not sure as of yet. We'll need to wait until we know how many people are interested enough to make a gang. And also those who are willing to host it.

Your smaller table could fit the bill nicely Curtis. We'll just have to wait and see how the interest level pans out....still early days.

Ok guys, the interest is starting to build a little now. But I'm getting regular queries on FB as to what they should look like. So I thought that now might be a good time to nail down the practical aesthetic of what constitutes a Star Bastard? It will give those that weren't present at the pub "conference" during BOYL a clear idea on how to make/convert them.

Should adhere as close as feasible to this set of parameters:

1. Must have at least some SM armour, but doesn't necessarily have to be fully suited up either.
2. The armour should be damaged or worn out in some way, not pristine.
3. They should look fucked up.
4. Physical defects, drug & alcohol effected is encouraged.
5. Maximum amount of mini's per player is five.
6. Paint scheme should be as crazy and non-uniform as possible.

These is as concise as I can think of atm. Please don't think that I'm trying to dictate, or take over, what SB should be. After all, we ALL came up with this at BOYL. I'm just super excited about this concept and I'd love to see it succeed. We should all get involved with this and contribute/challenge the ideas we each put forward.

So, what are your thoughts my fellow grognards? Is my bullet point description of what a SB should look like spot on, missing something or dead wrong?

If and when we have reached a consensus of what a prototypical SB should look like then we can put that on the first page. That way new comers will know exactly what they're getting themselves in for :)

That sounds exactly right to me, and once some of the smoke clears around here I'm going to do an inventory and see what damaged Space Marine bits I can put together.

Mechanics-wise, I think the game is a small, possibly GMed, Rogue Trader game with an additional points system on top?

Sounds good to me. Count me in. All I have to do now check out my pile of old plastic Beakies. I am hoping to get to the next one.

Back