Mechanicus factory fight for BOYL 2018

Scalene

Can someone get rid of 'phallyka' who is obviously some kind of spam bot, judging by the previous post?

To get back on topic, the classic Imperial inspirational slogan 'If a job's worth doing, it's worth dying for', would look good in the factory.

Best 40kish themed terrain and scenario idea I've ever heard of. Sure, there has been some spectacular tables (train stations, city quarters, ruins etc) in WD and shared online through the years, but this is priceless.

Shouldn't models be unable to walk voluntarily into molten metal, but could be blown/dropped into it?

If you find the time and bitz, you could have a minor Mechanicus acolyte swinging incense, or an electropriest placed somewhere in the crossfire. Maybe with a couple of servitors/menial workers in his thrall. Or just a taskmaster with some scourge whip moving about, finding himself in a firefight with inadequate armament. Maybe a player character?

Would it be redundant to have a plasma cutter station? The octopusoid GW Tech priest sported plasma cutters as a tool arm. Maybe a big electromagnet? The higher your armour save, the easier you are attracted to it (simplified for game fun; one wouldn't really expect armour ceramite and such materials to be magnetic precisely because it could be used as a weapon against it). Or a grav compactor, hitting people worse the better their armour save like those grav guns, but open-aired with some plate-ish material being treated on the station floor, so models can move through at their own peril?

If Chaos players are included, they could introduce data Daemons into the system. If you have a few control panels each commanding a marked-off section of the board, then perhaps everything in it could start to work by random tables if data Daemons are introduced?

Tesla coils. Anyone walking between them or knocked that way will have a bad hair day.

You could also have some sort of sprinkler system at one or more places. Reduced initiative and skills of anyone caught in it (not wearing power armour or better? or just everyone?), with a risk to slip.

And no handrails, ever! Like in Starwars. So that you can't miss gliding into a vat of acid or molten metal or rollers pressing metal sheets between them, a grinder or something similarly hazardous.

In the end, whatever you do must be thoroughly photographed from various angles! Not least when games take place across it. Rules must be shared when finalized. This deserves to live on and inspire others in a polished documented form. Maybe try and submit it to GW/WD/FW as well and see if they want to cover it in an article or make some terrain and rules of their own based on it?

This is such a brilliant scenery and scenario idea, that I can easily see some miniature company start producing industrial terrain with lethal rules pack based upon this original Mechanicus factory table.

Scalene

Thank you for your positive feedback and ideas. I'll respond in more detail when I'm not on my phone. Will definitely incorporate some of that.

Suber

Not sure if it can be of interest, but I've just found these:

My mind came immediately to this project. It's done by a Russian guy and it's not that expensive: https://warzone40k.com/
Just in case anyone finds it useful :)

Scalene

Thanks Suber. I'll see how my scratch building programme progresses. I like the way the hangar door is notched so it fits with the cogs. Some interesting stuff there.

Karak - love the sprinkler and grav plate ideas. I'm thinking a big disk with warning signs on it, that would maybe pull you prone, so you had to crawl along over it.

Also rollers at the end of conveyor belts would be fantastic (and quite easy).

Back