Ideas for bretonnian rascals stand-ins

Asslessman

Hello,

As said somewhere else, I'm a late brettonnian which means my force has been built with 6th ed models. Though that doesn't come as a problem to me since I always played them with recent editions. I've felt the will to adapt them to 3rd ed partly because of the background and the variety of the list.
Though main entries are covered by what I already own (migt want to add a war altar), I'm short on rascals. My first idea was to use armed peasants from foundry but there are only 8 models out of the 20 needed. Though bying doubles or triples wouldn't be catastrophic, I wanted to know if any of you use other models , I believe the recent "old citadel mercenaries" at foundry could do the trick since most (if not all) come from the brettonnian militia but they look a bit too well quipped to my liking and view of what rascals should look like.
Any idea welcomed.

PS : I hope this post is in the right place ;)

Erny

The recently released old citadel mercenaries are a bit late historically and small for the newer Bret models however if you like them anyway they are easily converted to carry more peasant like weapons. I picked up a few packs from Essex miniatures for some of mine so they were converted with weapons available when they were first released.

Black tree design do some nice armed peasants of a sufficient size, they would mix well with the more modern foundry ones.

Asslessman

Oh thank you o both of you, these look nice, if scale is right, it could very much be the diversity i'm after.
I just realised if I buy 3 boxes of armed peasnat, I might get a fourth for free thanks to the foundry's army deal (so much for diversity :grin:). But hey, would I shy away from conversion job? sure no.

How about crusader minatures http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/index.php they do various different dark age and medieval ranges and you can mix them quite successfully. I've used them for skirmishers for mediaval armies which I intend to use as rascals. Some of the medieval peasants would be perfect
img814.jpg

along with some irish, arthurians etc to give you a rag-tag unit.

Asslessman

That's quite o lot of very intersting ranges to choose from. Im might even be tempted to get my "ordonnance" there ... ;)

Thank you guys.

Back