MY bad

THEFAN

Sorry about my post about the Troll guys. Thought the question would be O.K. in this section. Also thought you boys across the pond would know. Have never seen one before. I guess I could have gone to warseer if I knew it existed and now I knowing is half the battle. GIJOE!!! Thanks and now I know ONLY OLDHAMMER nothing new AT ALL!! :) Gotcha

Attachments

• cw hero.jpg
    cw hero.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,575

lenihan

Hey, don't worry about it, many of us combine old models with new models. It's all about what inspires you to be creative, be it old lead or new models with an old-school vibe. My own collection is predominantly 1990s with some 80s goodies. It's the spirit of oldhammer that matters, and for me, building exciting armies out of the miniatures that inspire you - regardless of the minis age and the company that made them - is what's it's all about. I'm currently painting up a couple of blisters of new sculpts from foundry's current sea elf range to go with my 80s Marauder sea elfs, which I think demonstrates my own 'mix and match' philosophy.

Chico

Don't worry about it THEFAN as it sparked a well needed discussion about content and other structure. I myself have no problem with newer figures but for some it just turned into the straw that broke the camel's back

Harry

Don't think it is an issue now. It was just fumbled slightly.
Lets move on.

I paid £60 for mine. (That is mine you found a picture of. :grin:)
No idea if that was a bargain or not. I had never seen one for sale since they were produced so took my chance to buy one.
There were other similar minis made around the same time ... There is a website if you go here:

http://www.randallgalleries.com/fwcollectors.htm

They have all of the OOP ones ... they made about 20 .... but no prices.

I guess if you watch a few of these on e-bay you will soon get a idea of what they go for.

My sense of it is the Troll is one of the more popular ones as it can be used as a giant or the Troll king.

Asslessman

So many of us have displayed recent minis.

Don't worry about it, in oldhammer there is no law :grin:,
You probably could even fit a tau riptide in oldhammer with the right narrative and mindset ;)

Chico

Asslessman":3lrheylb said:
You probably could even fit a tau riptide in oldhammer with the right narrative and mindset ;)

Oh great.. good way to start another debate Mr Ass ;) Thread title: Is there room for Transformers in Oldhammer? ;)

Chico":lv81cxws said:
Asslessman":lv81cxws said:

Oh great.. good way to start another debate Mr Ass ;) Thread title: Is there room for Transformers in Oldhammer? ;)

Good lord I hope so, I have some OOP Transformers too!

Asslessman":2isjp2kp said:
So many of us have displayed recent minis.

Don't worry about it, in oldhammer there is no law :grin:,

If I remember right, str8 or higher technological weapons count as magic. The ultimate gift of chaos... plasma cannon.

Asslessman

The Inner Geek":1xhfm85d said:
If I remember right, str8 or higher technological weapons count as magic. The ultimate gift of chaos... plasma cannon.

Riptide surley gets a roll between 826 and 830 on the chaos attribute chart...

Anyway, once again, as you can see thefan, we are all a bunch of heretics but the only serious thing to us is the fun of the lad on the opposite side of the table.

THEFAN

Thanks guys. I do play a lot of 8th but my heart is really in 3rd. I do have a weakness when it comes to cool stuff from forgeworld. As for the gent with the pix. Thank you. It was the only one I could find for ref. I finally took a pix of mine. Anyway Thanks again and keep on throwing those dice. ...... OUCH MY EYE!!! :)

Back