A new breed of Space Marine...

A New Breed of Hero...

For ten millennia, Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl has been working on a task set for him by the Primarch Roboute Guilliman: a new legion of warriors. Now, though the Imperium is poised on the brink of annihilation, his task is complete…
The Primaris Space Marine is a new breed of hero for this, the darkest age in the Imperium’s history. These new warriors are the next step in the evolution of the Emperor’s Angels of Death – genetically altered from their brethren to be bigger, stronger and faster – timely reinforcements to the Imperium’s armies as their enemies close in for the kill.

To aid them in battle, these new gene-forged warriors are equipped with new arms and armour forged on holy Mars itself.
Though they are a step removed from their brothers, the Primaris Space Marines still bear the gene-seed of their Primarchs, and some dissenting voices worry how this new type of warrior will react with the known genetic quirks and flaws of some of the more unusual Chapters…
Though they are a step removed from their brothers, the Primaris Space Marines still bear the gene-seed of their Primarchs, and some dissenting voices worry how this new type of warrior will react with the known genetic quirks and flaws of some of the more unusual Chapters…

Based on the FAQ, these are "True Scale" Marines or Thunder Warriors MKII, avoiding the backlash from having one's collection being invalidated. I'm assuming they'll cost an arm and a leg...

I'm sure it's all very interesting in context, but it's all a bit, um, Newhammer™ for here, isn't it?

Everyone knows Spak Marns are made of lead and have integral arms, anyway.

dieselmonkey":3qfw23tn said:
I'm sure it's all very interesting in context, but it's all a bit, um, Newhammer™ for here, isn't it?

Everyone knows Spak Marns are made of lead and have integral arms, anyway.
Adeptus Titanicus 2017, not Newhammer™ too?

So these were lead with integral arms?

astro49marines-02.jpg

Just lamenting on the inside after looking at old WD issues...

£9.99 for 30 figures?!?

£9.99 today is £25.87...

Condottiero Magno":1vybru7u said:
Adeptus Titanicus 2017, not Newhammer™ too?

no, as that's a rerelease of an old game, this is just a new model for current 40k.

Condottiero Magno":1vybru7u said:
So these were lead with integral arms?

No, but they were pretty much shite. The arms didn't fit properly for a start.

Hey, hey, hey!!! I agree with everything you said Diesel, up until you dumped on the old RBT01 Marines. They are Boss man! Just gotta snip off a little of the shoulder socket and you good to go.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Orjetax

Hah!

Thanks for sharing. This is the sort of thing that amuses me but I'd never notice unless someone posted it here.

Space marines never really interested me all that much, but dang do I like the RT-style of marines with KIL markings better than what the current direction sounds like.

Mr Papafakis":19b1d9jh said:
Hey, hey, hey!!! I agree with everything you said Diesel, up until you dumped on the old RBT01 Marines. They are Boss man! Just gotta snip off a little of the shoulder socket and you good to go.

:lol: It gets a bit tedious when you've got 200 odd of the buggers to modify!

That's the sort of tedium that I like :)

Seriously though, I actually don't mind converting these old buggers up. Working with a blank slate as it were. From just a few static poses, with a cut here and a twist there, you can completely change their look.

I've seen a few on the net over the years that look really cool. Inspired me to do it to quite a few of mine over the years.

Anyway, each to their own :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Berkut666

I agree this is newhammer. But just for opinion - surely the role they are touted as filling is that of space marines in tactical dreadnought armour/terminators??

it's alright for those as like it. i'll buy the box set because i've got some vouchers and i haven't got enough to paint already :grin: but there's too much new stuff coming out that i think looks like fun to paint. i bet there will be another horus heresy box at christmas with some cool stuff in too.

daddyorchips":18dyzfzf said:
it's alright for those as like it. i'll buy the box set because i've got some vouchers and i haven't got enough to paint already :grin: but there's too much new stuff coming out that i think looks like fun to paint. i bet there will be another horus heresy box at christmas with some cool stuff in too.

Agreed, I dropped out of 40K a few editions ago and am much more interested in older editions now, but the models, some of the stuff coming out is awesome. And fills gaps in old stuff.
Robots are back, ad mech servitor troops, electro-priests, genestealer cults, that marine grav tank to use as the grav transports for old style Ultramarines, tzaangors.
I'm kinda coming at oldhammer a bit ass-backwards.
I prefer the old rules and gameplay, and prefer the older fluff mainly. But I have to admit, I'm a big fan of the newer miniatures.

Berkut666

Agile terminators. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I had a chat with a guy today who straddles both the Oldhammer and the 8th edition worlds. He says in 8th edition the new breed space marines stat wise are actually in between a standard marine and a terminator. Same number of wounds as a terminator but save on a 3+ rather than the terminators 2+

Back