Lost troop types of WFB

vonkortez

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine showed me pictures of his newly painted dwarf sappers teams. As always TL´s brushwork was excellent but as I could not remember the rules for sappers I went back to first the rulebook and then to the Armies to discover that in the Armies the sappers were exclusive to dwarfs. Then it occurred to me that after 3rd edition the sappers sort of dissappear from the Warhammer universe. I decided to take a closer look and ended up writing a few lines...

http://vanhaavasarointia.blogspot.fi/2017/05/where-is-he-now-dwarf-sapper.html

Now I´m wondering if I should do the same for a couple of other troop types too: wood elf falconer, empire foresters... just to mention a couple...

Tramp

Another great write up, reading through the alternative models section made me think of a battle that was included in the skaven 4/5edition army book (last page)

C4EBB199-047B-4872-9A64-AEFBB1E28170_zps6o46jzyz.jpg

6FB2DAEE-218F-4F82-AA1C-D07CE89B9F51_zpsihi2qorc.jpg

At the bottom right there are some wood elves with falcons, I can only assume they are wardancers as they are in skirmish formation, to me they look like they would make good falconer models,

vonkortez

Hi Tramp. I believe that the model is a converted weed eld wild cat keeper. He's been given a knife and that bird.

Tramp

Thanks, it's knowledge like that that makes this forum so great! I can remember looking at this picture back when the codex was current, and thinking that I might have to get some wood elves - I liked the ent and the war dancers (& the old forest dragon although not shown, was high up on my list of wants) anyway they look like great customs, it's just a shame they aren't real casts,

Keep up the good work with the write ups, I enjoy reading all of them, I'm just sorry I couldn't help with a contribution to the content!

Back