Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Tzigane

(I didn't know where to put this, so feel free to move this topic to a more suitable subforum if needed!)

Are there more roleplayers out there? I personally love WFRP, and am running a succesful and fun campaign since december. This friday will be the 8th session.
Heavy studies, work, one people having to drop out due to medical reasons and perfectionism from one side has been the reason that we haven't played as often as we'd like, but it's still great fun, with a lot of storytelling, character building and roleplaying. I destest rollplaying, only a few rolls are made each session, really, and only 2/3rd of our sessions did involve actual combat.

"A horn sounds, softly at first, then slowly growing in strength. It belches a long and discordant howl, and the people in the crowd slowly turn silent as they look at each other, eager to see what will happen next."

Any fun stories/ideas? Which rules do you use and why, how is your group? :)

ardyer

I love the game, well 1st and 2nd editions. But I haven't played in years, little time and no one to play with anyway :(

Padre

I love WFRP (1st ed). As for ideas - I have a scenario in the (apparently almost completed) upcoming final issue of Warpstone magazine. It's so long since I wrote it (and played it several times, in 1st and 2nd ed versions) I'm struggling to recall the title. It's the big one about being sent to a castle where there is trouble. I've seen the illustrations for it and done some final editing, but I won't believe it is in the magazine until I see it printed. (It's the pessimist in me.)

If you ever did collect Warpstone, I co-wrote Tears of Myrmidia in No 21. It got some good reviews.

Yeah, WFRP is fun, although I enjoy the fact that I have a painted figure and scenery collection sufficient to actually play out combats as little figure skirmishes, and I often do combat heavy games (which used to contrast with my very investigative other system adventures and scenarios).

Back