Bloodbowl Death Roller

New Deathroller:

99560905001_DwarfDeathroller360.jpg
99560905001_Deathroller03.jpg

Outside the pitch it is undoubtedly useful for Chaos Dwarf conversions. Must-have for Squats.

This Deathroller share some of the weird or boring plate design with the new Bloodbowl Dwarfs, in my eyes, but it also sports lots of good or fun parts. Much more hit than miss, and always good to see Goblins mowed down!

For comparison, here is the recent Deathroller contemporary with WHFB 6th edition (which both I and my brother missed to buy before it went OOP, grumble grumble), the 3rd ed miniature and the original model from WHFB 2nd edition:

img51172c3a2209d.jpg

s-l225.jpg

To me, the various Deathrollers through the ages tell a lot of Games Workshop's style changes and sculpting advances. There are cycles in creative endeavours, and some aesthetic cycle phases might indeed be golden. I'd happily field all Deathroller generations alongside each other. They all have their charms and strengths, and weaknesses. GW in a nutshell.

Berkut666

I always like the original, it reminded me of an old ride on mower my Grandfather had. Warning - incoming Heresy - I kind of like the new one. Its maybe a bit too big but I like the design. Reminds me of some of the design in Eldar Scrolls Oblivion locations

Orjetax

I tend to like the 6th edition version you show here.

But I come from an orientation of "what would work well in a game of 40k," so . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of all the new models the Deathroller is my favourite looking, but its so big, got to be a real pain to fit on the pitch, especially if theres a big guy or two around. P.S 99% sure the painted 2nd edition roller is mine ;) must get a better camera

Plaiecivile

Well here is another thing I didn't know I needed, a new death roller to be used as the lower body of a khorne blood slaughterer / demon prince / juggernaut chariot... I simply never learn!

Back