Rogue Trader Eldar Army List

WARDUKE

Hi all,

Quick questions: Were there army lists for Eldar for 40k Rogue Trader?
If so, what book or White Dwarf had the lists?

Thank you.

There was the original 'Eldritch Raiders' Eldar Pirates army list in The Book of the Astronomican, which got added to in assorted WD articles, including Harlequins in WD105, until they eventually got completely revamped in WD127 with the Aspect Warrior nonsense. ;)

WARDUKE

Thank you! Much appreciated.

If I want a mixed force with some older Guardians (the ones that have a lot of different weapons), a Dreadnought Banshee, Spirit-Warrior, D-Cannon, and a couple of tripod weapon platforms - Which is the best list to try and use? The pirate list?

area23

The WD with the craftworld eldar was my my introduction to 40K. I never owned the book of the Astronomican, but I prefer the pirate list on all levels, now that I have a PDF. If only because there's no in depth background!

Orjetax

The pirate list is brief and lacks the things you identify here.

Of course if it's RT you don't really HAVE to be bound by a list, but I get that building per a list makes things easier.

The eldritch raiders list DOES have a "zoat terror squad," which is fun. So it's got that going for it.

9decbca2c27ad551ebbd219e5de43dcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARDUKE

That Zoat Terror Squad looks like fun.

I am just getting back into Rogue Trader. I played maybe a handful of games back in 1987 when I was a teenager. That being the case, I haven't even started to read the rules again. I am assuming that between White Dwarf and the RT rulebook, I have all the points values I need to create an Eldar force without the need of an Army List?

Thanks!

Orjetax

Technically the RT rulebook has all you need in light of the system to calculate points. It has a reputation for being a bit wonky, but a "points cost" seems never to have been truly balanced anyway.

I don't have the relevant white dwarfs, so I've never compared them to what was reprinted in the Compilation and Compendium. It strikes me that you should be covered with what you propose though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played quite a few game sof RT last summer. I must say that building your force from the rule book ends up with a very quirky and fun list! We played 1200 point, with different army builds, and they seemed to be pretty balanced!

But yes, just go for it. Pick a list and build your army. Mix and match if you feel like it.

I would recommend some "house rules" modifications. The points values seem pretty balanced, but some of the weapon rules are stupid. We played that each "sustained fire" shot after the first gets -1 to hit, which stops BS8 eldar with plasma guns killing everyone! Also, powerfields played at T8 instead of 10 makes sense. PLus you have to be careful with some of the grenades, as they are well over powered. Also, we used modern flamer template rules, otherwise the flamers seem a bit samey with the other weapons.

Back