What Scale are GW miniatures?

portman

Hi Guys,

I've been toying with the idea of buying and painting up some mounted Knights etc, and maybe building up a Bretonnian army from the Army book I've just picked up. However the price of the now OOP Citadel figures in rather insane (A pack of 8 part built Knights I bid on ebay yesterday went for £36-00) so getting inspiration from this site I've been looking elsewhere - such as Perry Miniatures, Fireforge and the foundry etc. (i never knew until I came to this site that there were other miniature companies out there).

I'm finding some good stuff, but just before I handed over any cash I wanted to check that they will fit with a few of the GW I've already picked up - so I thought I'd ask.

What scale/height are Citadel/GW miniatures - is it 28mm or thereabouts?

Thanks!

ardyer

They're generally 25-28mm scale for the old stuff.

Foundry had quite a few of the old Bretonian models in there ex-citadel range, although they're also a bit in the small side.

jon_1066

For Brettonians I think you wouldn't go wrong with the Perry Agincourt boxed sets. These guys sculpted the original Bretonnian figures for GW and the style is obviously ideal. They are smaller than current GW offerings but you can get three boxes for £60 to give foot knights, mounted knights and 50 infantry for a complete army.

Back