Hello!

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:36 am

Hello!

I just remembered about this site having a bout of depression remembering most of the people I used to play with abandoned it for AoS and 8th 40K.

I just submitted myself for locations on Oldhammer world map, hoping to get a game sometime! I figured I'd become more active and say Hello.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Re: Hello!

Hi there. I guess most of us are more the other end of the spectrum with 1st through 3rd, maybe a dash of 4th and 5th. Still I believe oldhammer is a state of mind, looking forward to seeing your creations.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:52 pm

Yeah, dont get sad about games have fun with them. Alot of the older rules really help you be creative and have fun with figures ;)

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Welcome back to the lead pile! :D

Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 am

ramshackle_curtis wrote:Yeah, dont get sad about games have fun with them. Alot of the older rules really help you be creative and have fun with figures ;)

My issue is most people I know moved onto 8th 40k and Age of Smegmar because it's simpler, I do appreciate that they are simpler, but, it's been dumbed down..

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Never made it past third personally - too busy getting married and having kids!

I'm hoping to play some 2nd ed. soon - my daughters been really interested in the boxed set I've been piecing together, I even caught her nosing through my old 90's copies of WD recently - she's asked to play some games.

Welcome to the forum!
Stuart Templeton - 1st Edition Space Hulk Fanatic!

I may not be good but I'm slow!

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 am

portman wrote:Never made it past third personally - too busy getting married and having kids!

I'm hoping to play some 2nd ed. soon - my daughters been really interested in the boxed set I've been piecing together, I even caught her nosing through my old 90's copies of WD recently - she's asked to play some games.

Welcome to the forum!

I have third edition and would consider playing, though I fell in love with 5th.

I am modding 7th to be more user friendly.

Return to General Discussions