Pit Fighters...

It's summer and thoughts of buffness has me considering a pit fighter regiment, preferably composed of GW figures, but where to begin?

Missed out on the multi-part Mordheim pit fighters and now six of 'em go for $200 or more... :shock: :(

Plastic Chaos Marauders never appealed to me and the better looking Bloodreavers are too Khorney and wear pants with loincloths - fashion faux-pas. :o The solution might be Chaos Thugs, at least the ones that don't look like inbred French Canadians, ;) but there has to be more options. :| The Barbarian/Norse one's aren't armoured enough in gladiatorial gear...

To start things off, I'm looking for these guys:

Am I the only one to notice a Tony Curtis resemblance?

480px-Chaos_Thugs_Cat_88_01_08.jpg

This one looks like a pit fighter, but I can't find him at a sensible price...

479px-Chaos_Thugs_Cat_91_01_01.jpg

Was outbid on this one... :(

480px-Chaos_Thugs_Cat_88_02_09.jpg

Have him :) and will proceed to remove his breeches...

479px-Chaos_Thugs_Cat_88_04_10.jpg

Plaiecivile

Condottiero Magno":1w62hbt0 said:
The solution might be Chaos Thugs, at least the ones that don't look like inbred French Canadians, ;)

I do not want to derail your subject, although for a personal knowledge, I would like to know what miniature you would refer to as an "inbred French Canadian".

Plaiecivile":5tdlhnl7 said:
Condottiero Magno":5tdlhnl7 said:
The solution might be Chaos Thugs, at least the ones that don't look like inbred French Canadians, ;)

I do not want to derail your subject, although for a personal knowledge, I would like to know what miniature you would refer to as an "inbred French Canadian".
The ones that wouldn't look out of place on an hockey team: muscular build, barely a neck and a messed up face... :lol:

Seriously, was bored and reading some Googled articles, like this one about high rates of genetic disorders in the Quebec population, due to the present population of millions being descended from a few thousand settlers and an 18th Century bottleneck.

Jonas":3kgei2to said:
Have you thought about actual gladiator miniatures?

There is a lot out there.
Gladiator figures, especially ones from Foundry, due to the size compatibility, crossed my mind, as they look close to this:

images

Going with info in WAB: Spartacus, I'd modify the kit for the battlefield and would modify parts to look Old Worldish, with possibly 70s/80s counter-cultural references, but I'd like at least half the unit to be Citadel figures, but short of auctions, these thugs are going for $10-$25+/figure. :shock:

I just won this figure, labeled as a guard, but looks more like a gladiator:

s-l225.jpg

Unlike Khorne Bloodreavers, Kairic Acolytes lack a plethora of iconography and wear loincloths and have bare legs, but they're big as regular Space Marines. :|

Plaiecivile

Condottiero Magno":30nguiv0 said:
Plaiecivile":30nguiv0 said:
Condottiero Magno":30nguiv0 said:

The ones that wouldn't look out of place on an hockey team: muscular build, barely a neck and a messed up face... :lol:

Seriously, was bored and reading some Googled articles, like this one about high rates of genetic disorders in the Quebec population, due to the present population of millions being descended from a few thousand settlers and an 18th Century bottleneck.

I find it very offensive how you can shortcut from a serious demographic study to justify that, from your point of view, us French Canadians are inbred weird looking messed up face people. Sounds like a late night google search to back your saying.

Anyway, to keep a good spirit I will simply reply by this scene of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and wish you good luck in your project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s

Plaiecivile":15outkby said:
Condottiero Magno":15outkby said:
Plaiecivile":15outkby said:
Condottiero Magno":15outkby said:

I find it very offensive how you can shortcut from a serious demographic study to justify that, from your point of view, us French Canadians are inbred weird looking messed up face people. Sounds like a late night google search to back your saying.

Anyway, to keep a good spirit I will simply reply by this scene of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and wish you good luck in your project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s

Someone's triggered...

You're an hockey player? ;)

I take it Sugar Sammy's shtick from 2009 didn't go well with you? :|

No offence was intended, as I could've gone with an identity crisis addled East Midlander or a Scottish football fanatic...

Didn't make any Celine Dion references, as I wanted to keep it above the belt. :lol:

Regarding the project, day 3 and it's going nowhere... :(

Back