What is this John Blanche artwork?

Discuss anything related to miniature games not covered in other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: What is this John Blanche artwork?

Since I began "oldhammering", I have saved a lot of pictures related to the hobby on my computer. One of them is a picture of the front cover of "The Awakening" which I stumpled upon just around a year ago. I had never seen the illustration before but I instantaneously fell in love with it. Some day I would like to convert and paint some dwarfs to look like the ones from the illustration, but I've got lots of other projects to finish first... :roll:

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm

LilBroGrendel wrote:Since I began "oldhammering", I have saved a lot of pictures related to the hobby on my computer. One of them is a picture of the front cover of "The Awakening" which I stumpled upon just around a year ago. I had never seen the illustration before but I instantaneously fell in love with it. Some day I would like to convert and paint some dwarfs to look like the ones from the illustration, but I've got lots of other projects to finish first... :roll:

That's a nice idea. The Ogre is easliy done, as it is non other than Hrothyogg! Image

I wouldn't be surprised to find one or two of the dwarfs knocking around in the ranges as well.

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 pm

I am seriously considering getting a dwarf general sculpted after that boar riding dwarf :D

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Zhu Bajie wrote:That's a nice idea. The Ogre is easliy done, as it is non other than Hrothyogg!

I wouldn't be surprised to find one or two of the dwarfs knocking around in the ranges as well.

Hrothygg is a nice Ogre figure indeed :mrgreen: I'm sure there are other more Dwarf sculpts represented on the illustration. The one I am most eager to convert and paint would be the boar rider.
Previous

Return to General Discussions