Old GW trees [solved: Manufacturer was/is K&M]

Mophus

Hello,

I'm looking for trees, which look like the old GW one's:

IMG_20171104_225548.jpg

Does anybody know a shop where similar trees are offered?

Fuxxx

Re: Old GW trees

I once saw a tutorial with brushes for cleaning dishes coated in green paint and flock. Looked kind of similar :grin:

They were ones from model railway shops IIRC, at that time it was all that was available really without hand making loads. They look like Noch ones (https://www.noch.com), which is a German company, so you should be able to still pick them up.

These are Noch trees:

26301__48434.1275509691.1280.1280.jpg

Sleepysod

I was told, annecdotally, whilst I was working there (95-96) that they were basically made by a one man outfit, hence why we almost weekly would run out of stock...

Mophus

Thank you all for your feedback. I already know the NOCH trees, as I'm from Germany. I have plenty of them in use:

IMG_20171012_200917.jpg

But I like the more broader shape of the IIRC ones. I think I have to visit the local brush-shop ;)

The old GW ones look rather like K&M Trees to me. These are still available from the likes of Atenocitis Workshop, but they are not that cheap.

They're K&M, possibly touched up, as I have a few coated with diluted PVA, to minimize flock shedding. The larger ones lacked a trunk, just a wire, so ended up buying metal bases. IIRC, unlike the hobby tools, GW charged the same price as model supply stores for the the repackaged K&M.

ardyer

They were K&M. I ordered a ton of trees from GW in the early 90s and they shipped them to me still in the K&M boxes.

Back