question for bloggers

Sprinkles

Hi all, i've just set up my first blog ( http://wronghammer.blogspot.co.uk/ if you are interested!). I was wondering what the right way would be when approaching putting together 'my blog list'. Is it o.k. to just add a blog or is it better to contact the blogger to ask if they are o.k. with it first?. Its not something i have ever thought about until now but it seems best to clear it up either way!. If anyone could clear this up i would be eternally grateful (......well maybe not exactly eternally but you get the idea..)

Just go for a list of blogs you like! No one's ever asked me (and I wouldn't expect them to), and I've never asked anyone else.

symphonicpoet

I'll second dieselmonkey. Never asked anyone. No one asked me. I just add new blogs that I want to read. (And figure it's nice to acknowledge them on my own.)

Its fine to contact the bloggers too. If you like their blog then compliments about their work will go down pretty well. They put this stuff up to be read, and if the authors are like myself then they get a narcissistic pleasure in reading the "hits" counter! I dont think any blogger ever is like " I dont want anyone to read my blog its PRIVATE!" because why would they be posting it online if they felt that way?

SO just by the use of logic, its easy to demonstrate that bloggers WANT you to link to them. If you comment and chat with them that is even better!

Zhu Bajie

Nice first post (on the blog) Always enjoy a good manifesto. Just link to other blogs in your bloglist / blogroll whatever, no worries.

One thing tho. When you post pictures of toy soldiers, can you mention made them or link to their site? Always curious, if not actually shopping!

Sprinkles

Thanks for the info guys, very helpfull and thanks for checking out the 1st post. Oh and zhu the minis shown so far are all from hats el cid 20mm range, will try to remember to include that in future!

Fimm McCool

Hahahahahahaha! Just noticed my blog's not on there, after all this time! Well thanks for the nudge to get that fixed. :) It's a good-lookin' list isn't it?

Thanks, I appreciate your comments, Fimm.

Yes I saw something about that. Did you not make a custom Morcar miniature for the event?

phreedh

Stormbringer":3dgsovba said:
Did you not make a custom Morcar miniature for the event?
I read that as "Morcar costume for the event" - which would have been very, very obscure.

That would be awesome and easy to do.

morcar_cloak.jpg
+
morcar_beard.png

It is now one of my life's ambitions to play Hero Quest dressed like this.

Back