RIP Wayne England

Fimm McCool

In case anyone hasn't heard the sad news, from Wayne's wife:

This is waynes wife victoria ,i'm afraid i'm the bearer of very sad news ,today my husband and loving father of harry and millie england passed away ,as you can imagine we are totally devastated ,so we will be off line for the next few days

I know some people here got to meet the man himself recently and can vouch for how great a bloke he was. He will be sadly missed.

R.I.P. Wayne.

11053544_10152917388206728_1380284862846414592_n.jpg

Scalene

Very sad news. He must have been fairly young - I think in 88 when he joined GW he had only just left college.

Chico

He was in his mid 50's, that's no age to die :(

One of my favourite artists, met him many many years ago when I was a young un and I was sad when dew to ill health missed the last Oldhammer Day.

Fimm McCool

Chico":1tdfk4iq said:
I was sad when dew to ill health missed the last Oldhammer Day.

Me too. I was looking forward to asking him to fill in the t-shirt competition in my old journal. Sadly I will never get to ask him what his special crayon and ink technique was that produced those wonderful textures back in the early days of WD.

Zhu Bajie

Sad news indeed.

His unique and stylish illustrations were a breath of fresh air when he arrived on the scene, and Waynes art was my go-to choice for cover art, back in the day when I had to re-bind 40k. Still there today.

rt_front.JPG

Thoughts are with his family.

Golgfag1

Sad news, my thoughts are with his family. Any details on the funeral, would like to send flowers & pay respects?

Paul / Golgfag1

Back