Elephant/Oliphant Stats

Selsometer

Hello all,

I am getting towards the end of collecting the Oldhammer army I always promised myself. I have just procured a smashing old Ral Partha Ogre on armoured Elephant/Oliphant from 1979, to go with a Hinchcliffe Elephant from their Persian army range - 4 gobbo archers or an old "Kin Chief" and advisor will fit on the platform. I think they will look great as a revered beast.

Only I cant source a basic profile for the beasts in Battle Bestiary. Can anyone direct me to profile stats that I could use?

Thanks.

Zhu Bajie

My massive spreadsheet of Warhammer Monster stats does indeed contain an Elephant. The notes say it's from 1st Edition, so it's probably listed in there, but I'd have converted it to 2E+ in the sheet.

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
Elephant1030675127777132

Special Rules: 2 Stomp attacks, but might look at the Giant special rules for some throwing troops or whatnot.

Meanwhile, there is also a statline for 1E the Mumukal in White Dwarf #52, in the Minas Tirith article by Joe Dever, which I've hastily converted to 2E+

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
Mumakil33066131777710

Special rules: No horses, including those of the Haradrim, will approach with in a 5" radius of the Mumakil. The hide of the Mumakil is impervious to arrows; they can only be wounded in the eyes. Any Mumakil thus wounded will run amok under the control of the umpire.

Selsometer

Wow, superb Zhu!

Thanks so much for these sources in your detailed response. Not sure if they should be faster than a horse and a wolf though, so I might set Movement stat to 6 or 7.

Was always a bit miffed at the WS of most mounted beasts as 3...when my Goblins have 2(!?) Bah! :)

Thanks again.

Back