Oldhammer fanzine issue 1

Where we talk of the upcoming Oldhammer Fanzine

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 am

Re: Oldhammer fanzine issue 1

I learned that I need pressure to be truly effective, maybe you guys need some too ;)

I bet you cant release the Fanzine before I release the Bestiary of the Exalted and Unfortunate! :mrgreen:
Et à ce j'ajouterai, santé!

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 pm

lol! Thanks for the kick up the arse Plaiecivile and words of encouragement Willmark.

I'm probably being a bit too laid back about letting people do their thing, if people really want to do something, they will. If they don't then they won't It's supposed to be fun, and nagging people to do stuff is too much like work.

As it is entries have pretty much dried up, despite a lot of good intentions and some seriously cool ideas being floated about. When enough content comes through, the thing will happen, so if you've got some half-baked ideas let's have at it :-)

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:03 pm

In order for a fan made mag to be successful you have to rule with an iron fist. There is no other way this gets done. I know it sounds harsh but that's the reality unfortunately.

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Was it agreed that articles /stories couldn't have photos of miniatures? I got the impression it was confirmed (and have tried to check) and thus my lack of contribution so far!

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Yep. No photos of miniatures please. I'm aiming for an early, tr00 kvlt, Warhammer aesthetic, so think of the first citadel journal, the box-set scenarios, 1st and 2nd edition as a touchstone for the design (or 80s zines like The Beholder, Dragonlords, Trollcrusher, Tempestuous Orifice, Owl & Weasel or early White Dwarf) black and white, line art.

If you wanted to do some experimental 'photography' using pin-hole cameras or putting the miniatures on a photocopier, exposing sun print paper, or photo montage or what have you then yep, I'd be more than glad to see it. Or a doodle of the figure with a bic pen.

But if you'd rather not create your own imagery, I've got a bunch of artists who've expressed interest in producing work.
Previous

Return to Oldhammer Fanzine