Time line for oldhammer fanzine 1st edition.

Erny

How about this for a turn around:

All articles to be submitted by early September say the 6th.

All editing for content and grammar by 14th September.

Finally, "published", 21st September in either Word or if I can work out how PDF format.

We won't worry too much about getting it to look slick just yet, content is where its at for the moment.

Thantsants

If we do it Microsoft Publisher (if anyone has it?) I know you can save as PDF if that helps? Easy enough to insert images in with the text as well.

The time table sounds eminently reasonable.

I assume we're all just posting contributions here for editing or is there another plan?

I know we have some excellent illustrators who have volunteered their services but is it also worth setting up a gallery of photos of our own minis we'd like to contribute to the first edition. We could also post up some guidelines of roughly what sort of pics we wanted to try and vaguely link them into the articles?

Erny

Good idea, not sure if I have publisher but I should do.

Good idea on the gallery/resources page too.

If any illustrators have old vaguely related pictures they don't mind being used that would be great to have as a simple resource, for forum related activities only naturally.

I may find time to draw some clip art style stuff so people can just drop them in between paragraphs and the like. similar stuff from others would be great.

Just John

A simple way of publishing it as a basic pdf is to simply print the word document as a pdf using Bullzip or similar free software. I use it all the time and it works great.

Harry

Thantsants":e5gibyv0 said:
I assume we're all just posting contributions here for editing or is there another plan?
I wouldn't post them here or folks will have read the whole thing before it arrives.
They need to get emailed to an editor. (No I am not volunteering)
When we produced The Watchman there was three of us. One geberating content .... writting articles, pestering people for articles, doing interviews, that sort of thing, one doing all the layout and making it look pretty and one doing the editing.

Timescale looks right.
If you are going to make it quarterly .... you need to give people less time for submissions ..... or is it going to be ... in true oldhammer style ... an irregular journal? :grin:

...and don't call it a fanzine!

Plaiecivile

Hello Zhu,

Being myself struggling to release my project of the Bestiary, I understand what you must be going through...

Yet I would like to ask when will the 1st edition of the Oldhammer fanzine will be released. ;)

Zhu Bajie

:lol: Despite having a lot of positive feedback and goodwill from people, very few have submitted anythng, so I'm guessing they're finding other things more fun than doing a 'zine, which is OK. If progress continues at the current rate, I think it could be finished in 2056.

Back