Return to Vasco Prime - Epic SM2

Providing I can bag another big table I’m planning on running another Epic Space Marine (2nd Ed) game. If there’s enough interest it would be awesome to be able to run a mini campaign over all three days.

Terrain with be the same as this year, although the rivers should be finished by next year!

Couple of photos from this year to try and tempt people in...

Untitled by Tom Reynolds, on Flickr

Untitled by Tom Reynolds, on Flickr

Lands Annex

This looks great!

I'm planning to attend BOYL next year and this looks right up my street. It'll depend when BOYL falls (amongst other things!) but in theory I'd love to take part in this. I could muster up 2-3k in a couple of different xenos races but I have never played SM2 - mostly I play Epic Armageddon, are the rules very different?

Sorry for taking a while to respond, been very busy with work and family!

I’ve not played anything more recent than SM2, but having read the Armageddon rule book there appears to be no similarity between the rules at all!!!

SM2 is very granular and most armies have units with special rules - especially Orks, Eldar & Chaos!

Lands Annex

That's ok, I was just getting a bit overexcited!

I'm thinking it might be a bit of a stretch to participate with a totally new rule set.

I'll still look forward to coming along and observing what goes on!

BobbiJay

Count me in, too. I'm finally going to make it, and I've every intention of bringing 2-3K of Guard or Marines, and hoping to push my brother into 2-3K of Orks to go along with it. Any of the days, we're happy to get stuff on the table. I'm guessing you wouldn't need yet more city terrain, but if it's needed I can swing a box of the plastic-topped buildings too.

Ok, so it looks like there is some interest in this!

I'm leaving developing any more details until the table bookings go live and I can be sure I can get a big table for the three days. However, if that does go to plan then I'm thinking of developing a mini campaign - a couple of smaller games that will determine the exact format of a large final one!

I've suddenly developed a desire to build some fortifications - so that might have to feature somewhere in the final showdown!!!

So, I've got the same large table as we used for the above game last year - booked for the Friday of this year's BoYL.

Anyone interested please let me know and we can start thinking about the game we want to play! Anyone is welcome to join in, as I've got plenty of troops to go around so you don't need to have an army or even know the rules!

BobbiJay

I sort of assumed BOYL'20 would be canceled - just noticed it hasn't been, only delayed.
Sadly, I won't be arranging travel or attending gatherings even for the revised, later date as it's all too unknown and risky. Hopefully next year you'll play again, and I'll bring some troops to contribute.

I'm still not sure the event will go ahead, but if it does I'd love to see more pictures. Best of luck with the event, and stay safe!

Back