Temple of Doom

Thantsants

Finally getting a bit more organised for BOYL 2019. I'll be bringing along the Shrine of Rigg once more - this time for dungeoneering fun and games all day Sunday.

79-Cc8WiFGFzaFB6YTIjPpckbgvLr6oAqmFFfKhcBLuj2mie7mxZHljR98YuS3PgkJSD1IKR9Jr0Ka8X0iIIYM2f_-q2TeSg9RPF8aLm2jPXiN2Ys9ORVvO4ftHAMsiS1a8ApFst391ZtRI0AolnSxbb5pnUaNZYB0Vd4qqgcZJQ_iLO3BJ4At4kEhvBY5SVjpCW0oiy9K99SQySUe7jyd6lwZ4ycg5CpUqvLCLDggAzOLGfRUS6snY3sCTv5ZxFVoeDAh7r1YJr9mWhMaAm4y0bvCuZ5RXp_OD1KcEyPpU5s5jLQy7tOx2yIAfxcF3kRRvVyNrq1KVGIjMwlJ7MWhYqTH_pV8mqea5A6KfFjfnEi-P9dsv3O1OTnlptqtLNgjCclbUVW2kcq2wAbNmNDHSWxjxQQnGHkrrQ3OVVPmzdbgiHiRlqAzaBSkILH_EypRXEbXidh-IXQLz1zFxFf_icMQVRKmmTpCIO6R-liOn46tZMt2lNsPmyBLAORq9IqZ_CXs9yPgszkexVL53g-qqpcFsLa7aqOHhgL8qYmfdxRYNYZyATitpLam1bGhPEERqqwBboUNx1zVr_xmZeMtm3sB65PoLd91il8HvJN7LOTtmi_6Q97RMmcbX3DDCGLAnW9B1zxz3SMohc7pOBRGGlbxs9Cgl6=w493-h657-no

The idea is to bring along a small party of would-be looters and see how you fare in the Shrine. I'll be gm'ing and controlling the resident Amazons, using the Shrine of Rigg scenario from the second Citadel Compendium along with 2nd ed rules. It'll be a night raid so stealth and tactics will be the order of the day! Noise and light will be important factors in how successful your burglary will be...

Ideally players should limit themselves to 4 or 5 minis with nothing over a L10 hero or magic user. I can provide minis if need be and anyone wanting to play on easy mode could have a go with my Magnificent Sven set! (I procured Karlo Ustracutter after taking this pic but never got round to redoing the family photo! Oh and before you comment - Juggo's hair is now blue too ;))

It's a big old shrine but I'm still hashing out how many players I could accommodate at one time.Two or three parties could be operating at the same time but it might be a better player experience to have the shrine to themselves for a timed slot - say an hour or so... I guess exactly how I run it will depend on the level of interest I get.

P8EJcu2gUgP_BErN3zEIE4bCo24qwardUtmISwd2BfYxsbd7y3nhIayUxQA4h3zyLfl_ntpZJoVdKNCaaz25DsGjhTmpO2JTNIoX4BpmmZxPmFdOf7xImeBOCW6323ia_P1Be4VaPjBD1KfylCevjLUseW7fN9QMnjcuPf8Cvgm-1BC8OPy2cIcfCDTELggaPW3FussmBGdzAe0YLOyaeP3o2gy2fbwXnl7oiQMBiLuZJcNprSwQfwbTDXjj90EDgagm6SMJm261JLPbp3843CH6HqA9qK3wZFR3vSMjE_oGQwOm5i0w731gCh8qqzNGNdGk_okqgPOKMJSZxHR1nmTcaFtmfT5U2A-4EBtYGC0I5LuhFMa9MKIxVnYSfvtlzev6gvaPD-69PRVs80FoewbjZckDn1UItuTn6_k_ziwQ1kk3h9c_GM36S3S-Bu0l3aFqrsjfQ_Q-DoDBcDEJh-SjyhhUB2GJf21e3GTKWvSI1wUDe6t8IhiczoCSWF_Lh4zfi8WdfFieEVT8CAuP1ZWp3w2x2iVxgbz9TlQGG6gK-945vp5IDgNr19gVE2WUqGDB2Lgm0j_tCf4mzkYLPeiFfisZvTLyEPmRbPOqC76v0X9qVOKSdVtIdoIRHR-MbvFItHY_h6s5gCCaXkfPXKZe7IqTtP7S=w876-h657-no

Bragging rights will of course go to the player who carts off the most loot... or even just escapes alive!

Gelmir

I'd love to join! I am assembling a party of Sea Elves, made with assorted Citadel and Marauder Elves, if that's acceptable.

lenihan

haha I was also just about to post to ask if I could bring my sea elves... Looks like there's some serious Elven colonialism afoot in Lustria ;)

Thantsants

More than welcome both!

After all the Shrine of Rigg was built to commemorate the mythic union of Rigg, Amazon Goddess of War and Bloodshed, and Amex, Sea Elf God of Wealth and Happiness! According to the Amazon's creation myth, this was where Kalith, Mother of all Amazons was brought in to being.

I'd be interested to see what the motives these supposed pilgrims might be harboring... the theft of a particular religious object related to Amex for an unscrupulous High Elf collector? Or are they religious zealots, outraged at the mingling of the Amazon and Elf pantheon? Don't forget women, and particularly Elven women would be permitted to enter the temple as visitors - under guard of course!

I've had a few takers on FB as well so looks like I might run a morning and an afternoon session - 10am-1pm and 1pm till whenever we get kicked out!

Thantsants

Yep - more than welcome both of you. Careful Vanloon - Amazons really don't like Slann! ;)

Well between here and Facebook that's ten players so far so I think I'll call that full up.

I'll split the game in to two separate sessions so there won't be too much elbow jostling with looting parties trying to get in to the Shrine! You lads all ok for the morning session? Wouldn't mind a fairly prompt start for 9.30-10am - hangover dependent ;)

VanLoon

Thantsants":3tfrriqm said:
Careful Vanloon - Amazons really don't like Slann! ;)

My Slann shall have to be extra sneaky to avoid detection then!

Sunday morning works fine for me.

Gelmir

Morning's fine for me too!

I thought my Sea Elves, captained by a female leader, would approach the Amazons with a trade deal - rare elven steel tools and weapons in exchange for rare wood and exotic hides. The offer is apparently very good, but it's a decoy to allow the Elves to enter the Temple and loot Slann High Age books and artefacts, worth much more than wood and hides.

After all, aren't the Elves the firstborn and heirs to their Old Slann creators? Those things belong in a museum, preferably in Lothern!

Thantsants

lenihan":1187cnmi said:
Sounds doable ;) You'll just have to make sure I don't drink too much the night before

(ha)

Sorry bud - can't help you there as I can't help myself :lol:

Gelmir":1187cnmi said:
Morning's fine for me too!

I thought my Sea Elves, captained by a female leader, would approach the Amazons with a trade deal - rare elven steel tools and weapons in exchange for rare wood and exotic hides. The offer is apparently very good, but it's a decoy to allow the Elves to enter the Temple and loot Slann High Age books and artefacts, worth much more than wood and hides.

After all, aren't the Elves the firstborn and heirs to their Old Slann creators? Those things belong in a museum, preferably in Lothern!

Nice idea - like it! Mind you the Amazons were pretty high in the Old Slann's estimation as well but I can well imagine an Elf's rather derisive view of that. Your female leader will have the option of starting with the rest of her party outside of the shrine but with some inside knowledge from her earlier daytime visit, or on her own in one of the sleeping quarters higher up in the shrine having been invited to stay the night - although she'll have to elude her "chaperone" of course.

Gelmir

Starting inside the complex is intriguing, but the variable of having other parties attacking the temple poses the risk of being associated to them. Can the Amazons discriminate between invaders? Are we allowed a degree of roleplay to discuss/negotiate/swindle with the Amazons, or will it be only dungeon crawl?

Thantsants

ramshackle_curtis":3v33vrsm said:
Id love to join in a bit, can I drop my chaos warband in for a visit at some point?

Curtis - much as I'd love to have you along, I'm afraid I'm already a little oversubscribed for the kind of stealthy dungeon crawl I'm wanting to run - pop over and say hello by any means and if you can sweet talk any of the players in to lending you a character then all the better!

lenihan":3v33vrsm said:
Not to be alarmist, but the programme on the BOYL website only seems to be showing Temple of Doom in the afternoon and not the morning?
https://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk/sunday

That is quite alarming! :shock: I definitely have confirmation emails for booking Alpha 2 at 10am and 1pm so I suspect an error has occurred elsewhere hopefully - will get on to Garth about it...

Gelmir":3v33vrsm said:
Starting inside the complex is intriguing, but the variable of having other parties attacking the temple poses the risk of being associated to them. Can the Amazons discriminate between invaders? Are we allowed a degree of roleplay to discuss/negotiate/swindle with the Amazons, or will it be only dungeon crawl?

Roleplay, negotiating and definitely swindling and backstabbing is to be encouraged! Bear in mind that it is a night time raid so the majority of Amazons will be abed unless disturbed but you may find yourself under suspicion if accompanied by an Amazon and the alarum bells begin to ring - they are a fairly insular lot and don't trust incomers too much! I guess the trade off is having an insider already in the shrine and nearer to the loot (with the risks that that entails) or starting on the same foot as the parties but with a little inside knowledge of the layout of the shrine...

Back