Temple of Doom

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2019, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:17 am

Re: Temple of Doom

Hehe - that's the spirit - sleep is for the weak!

Hopefully I can get set up before leaving on Saturday evening...

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am

Sounds doable ;) You'll just have to make sure I don't drink too much the night before

(ha)
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Morning's fine for me too!

I thought my Sea Elves, captained by a female leader, would approach the Amazons with a trade deal - rare elven steel tools and weapons in exchange for rare wood and exotic hides. The offer is apparently very good, but it's a decoy to allow the Elves to enter the Temple and loot Slann High Age books and artefacts, worth much more than wood and hides.

After all, aren't the Elves the firstborn and heirs to their Old Slann creators? Those things belong in a museum, preferably in Lothern!

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:34 pm

lenihan wrote:Sounds doable ;) You'll just have to make sure I don't drink too much the night before

(ha)

Sorry bud - can't help you there as I can't help myself :lol:

Gelmir wrote:Morning's fine for me too!

I thought my Sea Elves, captained by a female leader, would approach the Amazons with a trade deal - rare elven steel tools and weapons in exchange for rare wood and exotic hides. The offer is apparently very good, but it's a decoy to allow the Elves to enter the Temple and loot Slann High Age books and artefacts, worth much more than wood and hides.

After all, aren't the Elves the firstborn and heirs to their Old Slann creators? Those things belong in a museum, preferably in Lothern!

Nice idea - like it! Mind you the Amazons were pretty high in the Old Slann's estimation as well but I can well imagine an Elf's rather derisive view of that. Your female leader will have the option of starting with the rest of her party outside of the shrine but with some inside knowledge from her earlier daytime visit, or on her own in one of the sleeping quarters higher up in the shrine having been invited to stay the night - although she'll have to elude her "chaperone" of course.

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:00 am

Starting inside the complex is intriguing, but the variable of having other parties attacking the temple poses the risk of being associated to them. Can the Amazons discriminate between invaders? Are we allowed a degree of roleplay to discuss/negotiate/swindle with the Amazons, or will it be only dungeon crawl?

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:01 pm

Id love to join in a bit, can I drop my chaos warband in for a visit at some point?

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:58 pm

Not to be alarmist, but the programme on the BOYL website only seems to be showing Temple of Doom in the afternoon and not the morning?
https://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk/sunday

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:04 am

ramshackle_curtis wrote:Id love to join in a bit, can I drop my chaos warband in for a visit at some point?

Curtis - much as I'd love to have you along, I'm afraid I'm already a little oversubscribed for the kind of stealthy dungeon crawl I'm wanting to run - pop over and say hello by any means and if you can sweet talk any of the players in to lending you a character then all the better!

lenihan wrote:Not to be alarmist, but the programme on the BOYL website only seems to be showing Temple of Doom in the afternoon and not the morning?
https://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk/sunday

That is quite alarming! :shock: I definitely have confirmation emails for booking Alpha 2 at 10am and 1pm so I suspect an error has occurred elsewhere hopefully - will get on to Garth about it...

Gelmir wrote:Starting inside the complex is intriguing, but the variable of having other parties attacking the temple poses the risk of being associated to them. Can the Amazons discriminate between invaders? Are we allowed a degree of roleplay to discuss/negotiate/swindle with the Amazons, or will it be only dungeon crawl?

Roleplay, negotiating and definitely swindling and backstabbing is to be encouraged! Bear in mind that it is a night time raid so the majority of Amazons will be abed unless disturbed but you may find yourself under suspicion if accompanied by an Amazon and the alarum bells begin to ring - they are a fairly insular lot and don't trust incomers too much! I guess the trade off is having an insider already in the shrine and nearer to the loot (with the risks that that entails) or starting on the same foot as the parties but with a little inside knowledge of the layout of the shrine...

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Panic over - there had been an error but not my booking so we do have a table all day. :D

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 pm

Thantsants wrote:Panic over - there had been an error but not my booking so we do have a table all day. :D

Yay!

PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2019