Space Marine 2nd ed?

VanLoon

I've recently started repainting my old Chaos force for Space Marine and wondered if anyone would be interested in playing next BOYL?

Having only just started I'm not sure how many points I'll get done, but I imagine it'd be at least 2k if not a lot more. It'd be good to have a game organised to give me something to aim for!

VanLoon

Great! I did see your games last year actually, but only briefly as I was busy with other games. It'd be really good to play on such a great table though, assuming you're bringing it again?

Did you have any plans in mind for what you'd like to do this year?

I'm involved in a Warmaster game on the Saturday, but I'm definitely up for something on the Friday or Sunday.

Not really got anything in mind at the moment - if there's enough interest then I can easily come up with a scenario again. Last year we managed a 2000pt game followed by a 6000pt game, so there's always the potential for a mini campaign.

VanLoon

How about pencilling in the Friday for a game then?

We could decide game size/scenario nearer the time depending on if anyone else is interested in joining in - a big multi player game might be good?

Friday sounds like a plan to me! I’m aiming to book a table for the whole weekend in the marquee, so the boards can stay out the whole time. Then it’s just a question of working out what to play on them!!!

VanLoon

Sounds good, I'll look forward to it. In the mean time I've got a lot of painting to do - currently have a mighty 400 points finished!

symphonicpoet

Well! Nicely done! I completely misread that until you dropped the titan on the table. (Possibly owing to my own more typical uses of the pipe and tank set.) That looks great with armor rolling through! :)

Yes - in Epic the small chemical tanks don’t look quite so small do they!!! Lovely kit though, would be amazing as the base for some Necromunda scenery as well!

symphonicpoet":b11fn59n said:
Well! Nicely done! I completely misread that until you dropped the titan on the table. (Possibly owing to my own more typical uses of the pipe and tank set.) That looks great with armor rolling through! :)

symphonicpoet

I've tended to use them as spice, rather than the base. And as bits for the bin. But you're darn tooting. Those small tanks look a wee tad more impressive with a tiny little tank of a different color trundling below them.

VanLoon

Wow, that really is excellent.

It looks like it's on a square that you can lift out of the board and swap for different things?

VanLoon":mvxut0ox said:
It looks like it's on a square that you can lift out of the board and swap for different things?

Yes it is - I’ve an Imperial Airbase that was in there last year. It’s so I can swap out different bits of terrain depending on what I want to fight over - without having to make a completely new board.

It also lets me change between games - working on a village for Warmaster now;

Warmaster Village WIP by Tom Reynolds, on Flickr

VanLoon

I'm still up for Epic action.

It looks like I'll only have 2k points painted up though unfortunately. I was hoping to get more done but didn't manage it in the end.

Temple Dog

Hi Tom

I joined in the epic game with you last year. Would love to join in the game this year as well? I have 4k space marines and 2k orks painted although it memory serves me correctly you have a ton of imperial and orks already!

Andy

Temple Dog

Hi Tom

I joined in the epic game with you last year. Would love to join in the game this year as well? I have 4k space marines and 2k orks painted although if memory serves me correctly you have a ton of imperial and orks already!

Andy

Back