WH40k Second Edition Tournament

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2019, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: WH40k Second Edition Tournament

Hopefully someone can bring cactus trees Terrain!

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:54 pm

question: does anyone need vehicle data cards, psyker power cards for their armies? I can borrow some if necessary
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:47 pm

HI all

We've had some new tables made available at Foundry, so I'm just reorganising things a bit.

With regards to this tournament NOT A TOURNAMENT!), having combed this thread, I guess these are the people signed up for this:

Colonel Tytus
ChristianWeiss
James Holloway
Ramshackle_Curtis
Makhachkala
Weismonsters (not sure?)
Follypuff (not sure?)
Norse
Igmdaniel (not sure?)
Golgfag1

I guess 10 is a great number because its even, but once we go past that I can't get a feel for how this event is organised and how many tables are actually required. It is simply that each player MUST play three games, one each of 750, 1000 and 1500 points? Following that logic, I'm calculating that 10 players / 2 (one on each side) = 5 tables X 3 games = 15 table bookings to make this work?

Can someone validate?

AS things stand, there are 18 booked slots for this.

Thanks
Regards

Gaj
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:00 pm

Please strike my name off the list of entry's, I threw in a few ideas, I didn't sign up to play.

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 pm

weazil wrote:HI all

We've had some new tables made available at Foundry, so I'm just reorganising things a bit.

With regards to this tournament NOT A TOURNAMENT!), having combed this thread, I guess these are the people signed up for this:

Colonel Tytus
ChristianWeiss
James Holloway
Ramshackle_Curtis
Makhachkala
Weismonsters (not sure?)
Follypuff (not sure?)
Norse
Igmdaniel (not sure?)
Golgfag1

I guess 10 is a great number because its even, but once we go past that I can't get a feel for how this event is organised and how many tables are actually required. It is simply that each player MUST play three games, one each of 750, 1000 and 1500 points? Following that logic, I'm calculating that 10 players / 2 (one on each side) = 5 tables X 3 games = 15 table bookings to make this work?

Can someone validate?

AS things stand, there are 18 booked slots for this.

Thanks
Regards

Gaj

Hi Gaj,

I think that you have the right of it. I suspect the original numbers waned as the deadline approached, so if you want to reallocate some tables I think that would probably be fine.

Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 am

Hello everyone,

Weazil: to confirm some names, I am definitely playing; but Follypuff who is a friend has told me he cannot attend so can be struck out.

Your armies look super everyone! Just confirming on the points side, I have prepared for 500, 750 and 1000 - I simply don't have more than 1000pts of orks, real life has sadly prevented painting any more.

I am making green and red spiky cactuses this week. I am going to do as many as I can, and fingers crossed there will be enough to liberally distribute across at least one table and maybe more!

Very much looking forward to this definitely-not-a-tournament!

Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:28 am

Hello. I can make armies of 500, 750 and 1000 points and possibly 1500. My problem was that my genestealer cult is very much geared up for rogue trader so it was a job fitting in with second edition army list.

I only have the chaos army list book and a pdf of the battle bible. If i could rely upon others for the cards and templates etc that would be much appreciated.

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:17 am

Yes I have 500 -750 -1000, will be there, will play. In fact I can even provide a clone army, as Ill be bringing all my death guard, so if anyone WANTS to play Ill have a pare army.

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:42 am

IM also bringing enough terrain for 1 table, including a base mat.

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:08 pm

>>IM also bringing enough terrain for 1 table, including a base mat.

I do hope others are bringing some mats/terrain as I don't have much at all. I will bring what I have of course.
Previous

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2019