BOYL 2019 - Realms of Chaos Sandbox

Snickit

Cheers Gaj.

Indeed, was my thinking also.

Let me gauge an idea. Should we drop down to a flat 6x4 for this year and if it takes off then next year we can move the idea up to a 12ft'er?

What does anyone think?

Considering we only have 5 or so definates I actually think dropping the size may be in order.

If anyone is lurking and not committing as they are waiting to see if numbers flock or not then you aren't helping, commit to the game and help build this!

weazil

HI chaps

I like your thinking, but alas, there are no tables available on Saturday now - all 6x4s have been taken. If you like, you can gamble with the weather and we can set you up on a 6x4 out in the courtyard, but as things stand I have no other covered space to offer.

Regards
Gaj

Temple Dog

Hello gang

I can now commit to the game as just cleared it with the wife that I'm free for the weekend.

Can I just ask about warbands? Can we bring experienced champions and warbands (not that I have any currently) or do we need to roll up new champion/warband for the game? I'm just thinking about getting some practice games in before hand if possible.

Snickit

Temple Dog":pau7k9qf said:
Hello gang

I can now commit to the game as just cleared it with the wife that I'm free for the weekend.

Can I just ask about warbands? Can we bring experienced champions and warbands (not that I have any currently) or do we need to roll up new champion/warband for the game? I'm just thinking about getting some practice games in before hand if possible.

Good rule of thumb here (or in life generally) is don't be a c###.

A few games should be fine but don't go over board.

I love the idea of terrain shifting. I wonder is simply having an imaginary grid would work? SO split the table into a grid of 1 x 1 imaginary squares, then roll for the squares and plonk out terrain?

Secondly, how will advancement be handled? Im asking because should we bring more warband people to add as we get new followers, or will it be strictly no advancements in game?

lenihan

One thing I did for a similar game before was have people roll up potential extra followers in advance, ready to bring in if they got the requisite victory points or whatever - less fun than doing it real-time for sure, but had the advantage that people could have the models etc. ready.

Snickit

Generally bring Beastmen and thugs, that should cover the modify of cases.

I'll bring along some Skaven no doubt, Erny will have his Orcs, if somebody could bring some Chaos Dwarfs and some one some Dark Elves then we should mostly be covered.

lenihan

Snickit":1w7o1dio said:
Generally bring Beastmen and thugs, that should cover the modify of cases.

I'll bring along some Skaven no doubt, Erny will have his Orcs, if somebody could bring some Chaos Dwarfs and some one some Dark Elves then we should mostly be covered.

Sounds like a plan! Ok, I'll get more beastmen and thugs ready for myself. Those are far and away the most likely outcomes so I think everybody taking part would do well to have some backup there.

Looking at the probabilities on the table for things that haven't been mentioned so far, I'd say another thing that's rather likely to come up are wolves (5/100) - in fact, wolves are just as likely dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins, skaven etc. - so probably worth anybody who cares to having some of those ready "just in case", probably most of us have some models of doggies. Somewhat more obscure are hobgoblins but they're also at 5/100, so it's probably good to have a "just in case" source of hobgoblins among us.

After that, it's Chaos sorcerer (3/100) and Chaos warrior (3/100) - or if you're Khorne, you can't have chaos sorcerors so your sorceror roll becomes warrior, bumping the probably of Khorne players rolling up Chaos Warrior to 6/100. (So if you're Khorne, definitely bring a spare warrior! And everybody else consider bringing a spare sorcerer and warrior)

Then it's Minotaurs, Ogres and Harpies at 2/100 and then we're into the more crazy things... which is all part of the fun!

Scalene

Hi

I'm not going to make it to BOYL this year, but this game sounds good and I'd like to support if I can. I can drop off some suitable terrain at Foundry a week or so beforehand. I haven't got a huge amount of specifically Chaos terrain, but I can supply:

1. A ruined summoning area covered in magic runes
2. Some disks covered in magic symbols (teleport discs?)
3. A load of weird plants on arid bases.
4. A giant animal skull covered in runes
5. A strangely carved altar with a black sphere on top

Probably some other things would be suitable, I'll have a think.

Snickit

Scalene":1kkcnrwg said:
Hi

I'm not going to make it to BOYL this year, but this game sounds good and I'd like to support if I can. I can drop off some suitable terrain at Foundry a week or so beforehand. I haven't got a huge amount of specifically Chaos terrain, but I can supply:

1. A ruined summoning area covered in magic runes
2. Some disks covered in magic symbols (teleport discs?)
3. A load of weird plants on arid bases.
4. A giant animal skull covered in runes
5. A strangely carved altar with a black sphere on top

Probably some other things would be suitable, I'll have a think.

All sounds great, many thanks indeed!

The weirder we can make it the better.

Grumdril

Sorry to chip in late in the day - I'm keen to join this. I should have chaos dwarves and wolves with me.

What's the plan on terrain? Bring some bits to fit on the "quaint English" table?

See you there,

Paul / Grumdril

Vyper

My dad an I would love to join in with this as well, and I'll make sure to bring enough stuff for a couple of warbands with me!

Are randomised warbands encouraged or can pre-made theme ones (e.g. centaurs or orcs or something) be used too - obviously maintaining a similar amount of models/characters.

I dont want to speak for anyone else here but I think the Rule of Cool is really important. Better to bring a really fun warband than not! Get out those models that you simply MUST game with. My warband is 4 beastmen, 6 humans, 2 spawn and my champion. I have a further 7 humans for if I manage to get more followers!

Back