Anyone fancy some Space Marine (2nd ed)

Does anyone fancy a game of 2nd ed Space Marine? I’ve an idea for a scenario based on a historical battle if anyone’s interested. Probably 3000-4000 point mark for armies depending on table size but I can sort up to 8x4 of modular terrain that fits the scenario

I'd be happy to participate. I'm in the middle of painting new Space Marines force atm, so it'd be great to try them out in actual fight:)

my only concern - I think my max points limit is no more than 2000 points.

I've booked a table for the Saturday, so it would be good to get an idea of who's bringing what so I can plan the scenario and work out a bit of fluff!

Ideal is around 3-4000 points per side as we can then get either a couple of battles in. If there's more interest then we can expand the points and the scale of the carnage...

At the moment we've got;

Force A:
Imperial Fists x 2000pts
Imperial Guard x 1500pts
Legio Tempestus x 500pts

Force B:
?

roberto

I'd be up for some Space Marine, I've orks (4000pts) nurgle (5000pts) and Guard (6000pt).

Never been to Boyl before would you recommend going for the entire weekend?

Orks and Chaos would be ideal!!! There’s a couple of us with small Ork contingents so that would fit a scaleable scenario perfectly! If you bring your Chaos force then we can have a battle with that if there’s time!

I’ve never been to BOYL before, but the venue is great and if it’s anything like the other Oldhammer events i’ve been to at Foundry it will be really good! I’ll be there for the whole weekend - looking forward to some Man ‘O’ War on the Sunday!!!

roberto":17lyyh2m said:
I'd be up for some Space Marine, I've orks (4000pts) nurgle (5000pts) and Guard (6000pt).

Never been to Boyl before would you recommend going for the entire weekend?

definitely entire weekend! I've been only once (last year) and already I got infected for life! there are so many things going on - just watch the topics here and try to join the games:)

unfortunate, I need to pass on this one. too many things I got involved plus not enough time to finish the minis on time. sorry for that. I hope you'll find some folks to participate :oops: :cry:

Temple Dog

Hello Guys

Am I to late to join in this game? I have limited troops but can provide 2 ork clans and a cult of speed clan for the orks. I can also bring a battle company and devastator company for dark angels. Also have imperial guard artillery company.

Andy

Temple Dog":17lw6zr9 said:
Hello Guys

Am I to late to join in this game? I have limited troops but can provide 2 ork clans and a cult of speed clan for the orks. I can also bring a battle company and devastator company for dark angels. Also have imperial guard artillery company.

Andy

You would be more than welcome!!! The more Orks the better - I think we’ll have Imperial forces coming out of our ears!!!

Bring whatever you have as the more unit variety the better - it will give the generals chance to tailor their forces to the objectives!

Temple Dog

I have to say, those boards look fantastic. I have a load of original card buildings from the Space Marine box set if needed?. Also have tons of order counters which I can provide for the game.

Temple Dog":t3waqp0f said:
I have to say, those boards look fantastic. I have a load of original card buildings from the Space Marine box set if needed?. Also have tons of order counters which I can provide for the game.

I think we should be ok for scenery and order counters - I've dug out my card buildings and I've got order counters coming out of my ears - but bring them along as you can never have too many order counters!

However, if anyone has any barrage templates then they would be very useful!!!

Legiocustodes":3rpsnxii said:
Count me in. I have a huge
Forcemof Dark Angels; Flesh Tearers and Titans

You’ll be more than welcome!!! Hopefully we’ll have enough people and forces for about 6000 points a side - so just a small skirmish looking at your blog!!!

Scalene

It looks like you've got the scenery situation pretty much under control, but if you want to borrow these fortifications then you would be very welcome. It's about 1ft by nearly 2ft and the trenches are sized to fit the 12x40mm epic scale bases with the odd section where a 20x20mm will fit. Bunker roofs lift off. Let me know if you can fit it in and I will bring it along.

trenches_1.jpg

Scalene":3dd8g8sy said:
It looks like you've got the scenery situation pretty much under control, but if you want to borrow these fortifications then you would be very welcome. It's about 1ft by nearly 2ft and the trenches are sized to fit the 12x40mm epic scale bases with the odd section where a 20x20mm will fit. Bunker roofs lift off. Let me know if you can fit it in and I will bring it along.]

That’s a lovely bit of terrain!!! Thanks for the offer but it doesn’t really fit the scenario i’m planning. Just got two more boards to make and we’ll be there!!!

Back