Adventure in Space Darkest Africa!

So this game came out of a conversation Matt P and I had at BOYL 2017. It's an homage early Rogue Trader when the idea was to game with whatever figures came to hand. Matt and I raided the racks at Foundry and for BOYL 2018 hope to present:

'Encounter on Livingstone' or 'In Space Darkest Africa No One Can Hear You Scream!'

A game of Mysterious Entity and African Tribesmen vs Robot Scarecrows and Cyber Gladiators vs Religious Fanatics vs Tech Zouaves vs Halfling Pirates. In Spaaaace !!

The story so far...

Livingstone is a near death world deep in the South Eastern fringe of the Imperium, far from the light of the Astronomican. It is home to various carnivorous and poisonous flora and fauna and also a small tribal human population. Imperial scholars are currently at a loss to explain their presence; no records exist of the planet or any colonisation efforts in the area.

Rogue Trader Alphonse Castro-Labré discovered the world and sent an Adeptus Mechanicus team (led by Dr Constance Livingstone) to carry out a detailed survey. Livingstone has subsequently named the planet after himself. However a powerful entity of unknown origin has appeared and many of the local tribes have fallen under its sway. They have laid siege to the Mechanicus base and Dr Livingstone has been forced to send for help.

The factions:
 The Master – a powerful entity of unknown origin.
 The Tribe of Mü – local humans enslaved by the entity known as ‘The Master’.
 The tribe of Zun – local humans not under the sway of The Master.
 Research team Livingstone – Mechanicus research team besieged in their base.
 Inquisitor Antonius B’lair – A puritanical fanatic.
 Inquisior Stanlius Ezquerra – A radical Inquisitor.
 Fungovian Pirates – Halfling space pirates: no doubt up to no good…

Each faction will have secret objectives based on their back story. Hopefully this will lead to interesting situations, such as to some groups trying to help others who are trying to kill them lol.

Players so far are Matt P, Mat S, Chris H and myself. Photos to follow as we build scenery and paint models :grin:

Scalene

This sounds great. I would like to play if it doesn't clash with anything else - can I provisionally put myself down?

Is this desert or jungle? Either way I should be able to assist with scenery.

Matttp

My robot scarecrows and cyber gladiators are done with my Inquisitor and his space lion to finish. Kilgore and I are meeting up tomorrow for a test run. He's made a boat load of scenery, which is very cool. We've even taken photos as we have done stuff but have been too rubbish to put any up. They are all on his phone so I still can't put them on (my phone only holds 6 pictures). We have done stuff..... honest. ;)

Right, yes, progress !! But first an apology to those who've asked about joining in: when Matt and I first decided to do this I was working part time and was sure I'd be able to get everything together with time to spare. Oh the quaint naivety of April 2018 Kilgore... Long story short between work and a poorly daughter things didn't quite go to plan.

So no time to spare but we're getting there!

Just need to remember how to add photo's to this forum thing...

Got it - ossum!

So this is Dr. Livingstone and some of the survey outpost defenders - Space Zouaves and a couple of re-purposed construction bots from the Imperial Construction Bureau. More to follow!

If Scalene of Genghis would still like to join in I'll do my best to find a role for you - apologies again for dropping off the radar until 2 weeks before the event!

Genghis

kilgore_trout":280wepvh said:
If Scalene of Genghis would still like to join in I'll do my best to find a role for you - apologies again for dropping off the radar until 2 weeks before the event!

Cool, thank-you.

The Master leads a group of witch-doctors and tribal warriors through the wilderness on their way to attack the Ad-Mech base.

Sleepysod

Wow, love the paint job on the master (I assume that's Nemesis from the foundry range? I'm impressed by the size of the mini - wish I'd bought it in the sale)

Also when I read about this game I immediately thought of the Zulu street gang also from foundry (casting room site). Lovely minis, might have to splash some cash at some point...

https://www.castingroomminiatures.com/c ... u-warriors

Scalene":2z5luigc said:
Thanks. Which time slot are you playing in. Not sure if I’m already committed

We're booked to play on a 6' square table on Saturday afternoon (I hope!)

Sleepysod":2z5luigc said:
Wow, love the paint job on the master (I assume that's Nemesis from the foundry range? I'm impressed by the size of the mini - wish I'd bought it in the sale)

Thanks, yep that's Nemesis the Warlock standing in as The Master, we're also using Deadlock, Torquemada and Mek-Quake in various roles :)

Sleepysod":2z5luigc said:
Also when I read about this game I immediately thought of the Zulu street gang also from foundry (casting room site). Lovely minis, might have to splash some cash at some point...

https://www.castingroomminiatures.com/c ... u-warriors

Yeah I saw those - now wishing I'd bought them lol Hey ho.

Latest stuff:

Space Pirates. The halo zone is awash with human refuse - anarchists, drug addicts, social misfits (think GW studio staff from the 80's and 90's :lol: )

Scalene

Hi Kilgore. I'd love to join in that. I'm running a Helsreach jet bike race at lunchtime and then fighting Jadeberry Hill at 5pm, so the afternoon slot is currently free.

I have a big collection of assorted 40K / Cyberpunk / Necromunda stuff that might be appropriate (including the Copplestone savages shown in your post above), so if you tell me what is required, I can probably bring something appropriate.

Scalene":q3pvfyqq said:
Hi Kilgore. I'd love to join in that. I'm running a Helsreach jet bike race at lunchtime and then fighting Jadeberry Hill at 5pm, so the afternoon slot is currently free.

I have a big collection of assorted 40K / Cyberpunk / Necromunda stuff that might be appropriate (including the Copplestone savages shown in your post above), so if you tell me what is required, I can probably bring something appropriate.

You'd be very welcome Scalene - this is my first attempt at running a game like this so don't expect too much and you shouldn't be disappointed :lol:

We should have enough figs - I've just added Eldar Mercs as an option to the scenario but if you've got any desert scenery spare that would be awesome. Not sure what the table's like that we'll be getting at BOYL - most of the scenery I've done is drop on but we might get one of those landscaped tables - we'll just work around it!

Scalene

Some of my desert scatter will be going on the Helsreach table, but I've got a stack, so I'll bring some. Probably the best table to get would be one of their 'hairy' ones. Sort of faded browny green - whereas most are a very bright, lush green. There's a not very good picture of one here (but it's the best I could find).
20170729_143703.jpg

Back