Helsreach 2018

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2018, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Re: Helsreach 2018

great! So, I'll bring Ork Freebooterz band:)

and another question: is is ok if I use Gorkamorka gang creation rules? the exchange rate between teef to credits is more or less 1 to 10, so it would be easy to do this.

I checked Shadow Wars Orks, and well... they look little bit overpowered...
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:17 am

Yes, Im fine with using Grokamorka, but dont forget the vehicle rules wont be compatible with the ones we will be using on the day, but anyway you get free vehicles in our game.

The Shadow Wars Orks dont get the 20 "upgrade points" for this game, so it makes them less good potentially.

I wonder though if you might have more fun with orks from the inquisimunda rule set? Especially if you are doing freebooters, as you can mix up some other bits and bobs, such as robots, cyborks etc.

Essentially, the idea is to bring a fun gang to game with, and the rule of cool is very much in place.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:16 am

This looks good to me. I better get some warbands statted up.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:25 am

Ever since I was asked to co host the Helsreach table I have been a little worried that I would not have enough buildings to cover a 8 X 4 foot table, which will make up the town side of Helsreach.

So I set up my 4 X 3 board and started to pile out my collection of township terrain.

First table

Second table

Table 3

The model density is high on these tables and I will have to space them out so vehicles can move about the table. With the Terrain Curtis will bring I can safely say there is enough to fill one table. Some bits need a little tlc, not surprising as some of these models are over 12 years old. Helsreach will have a shanty, industrial zone and the commercial zone for your warbands to fight over. Maybe some walkways would be a good addition to the table?

Beyond the wall/gate will be the wastelands. I will be bringing a few bits to break the wastelands up.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:21 pm

ramshackle_curtis wrote:
I wonder though if you might have more fun with orks from the inquisimunda rule set? Especially if you are doing freebooters, as you can mix up some other bits and bobs, such as robots, cyborks etc.

Essentially, the idea is to bring a fun gang to game with, and the rule of cool is very much in place.

I'll take a look at Inquisimunda for sure:)
My wargaming blog http://gameoftravel.com

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Terrains looking good Mattblackgod. Scalene will be bringing some of his buildings too so we will have plenty of terrain!

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:48 pm

I've almost finished painting up a shadow war emperor's children force I would love to use if I can borrow a suitably sexy vehicle for them to cruise around in?

Post Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm

As you are bringing a shadow wars gang you may not have your own assigned vehicle, as you cant take any of the 20 "perk points". In comparison, the shadow wars quads seem to be about twice as powerful as a normal gang, which is one of the main reasons I added the perks points system (as well as to add some colour to the game ;) )

However, there will be many basic vehicles on the map for you to requisition so dont worry about missing the vehicle fun or being left behind! You just cant rock up with an APC. Last year anyone who showed up with a rhino had a massive advantage!

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:38 pm

Sounds good to me, a little impromptu vehicle requisitioning never hurt anyone :)

Post Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum & BOYL, but hoping to attend this year, and this game has caught my eye.

I'm guessing from the broad spread of options that you're not too strict on the structure of the gangs? I'm thinking my Space Mobsters are probably the most apt for this, but I'd probably need to tinker a bit with the Inquisimunda gang selection to fit what I've got. As long as it's all fluffy and not deliberately beardy, am I okay with a bit of straying from the formal lists? Also, in vehicle terms, I've got a car, and have been considering getting the Blight Wheel truck that I think would also work - would a car and a truck be about right for vehicles?
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2018