Helsreach 2018

Sure Im easy with this. Remember you "buy" your vehicles with the extra "helsreach points" upgrades. You get 20 "upgrade" points to spend as well as your 1000 cred startign gang allocation and vehicles are bought with them. THe upgrade points are also used to salve your guilt for "cheating". SO if you really want something awesome (like an ogryn mutant with a las cannon) but feel it may be a bit cheesy then pay an upgrade point ;).

SO:

Buy your 1000 point starting gang.

Spend your 20 upgrade points on vehicles, stats and "cheats"

Genghis

Cool, thank-you for the clarification. (My Ogryn is neither mutated, nor packing a lascannon ;) .) Best I see about getting that Blight Wheel truck I've been considering for a while now...

Norse

The Inquisimunda resource page has gone, is there a good alternative source? Otherwise I guess I can bring a Shadow Wars Eldar gang if that would be suitable.

Genghis

Norse":2kua3as3 said:
The Inquisimunda resource page has gone, is there a good alternative source? Otherwise I guess I can bring a Shadow Wars Eldar gang if that would be suitable.

It's still present in the Yaktribe Vault: https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/categories/inquisimunda.41/

Also, the discussion on Inquisimunda V3 has some useful alternative takes on things (particularly the warband creation system): https://yaktribe.games/community/th...nity-edition-another-trip-into-the-warp.5522/

Incidentally, what's the process for booking a slot in this game? (And, indeed, any other game?)

Ghengis,

just turn up with your gang. The game will be friday and sataurday. Basically, you can fit gaming in Helsreach around everything else you do. Come, go, come back again. Whatevs!

Norse, you can use your shadow war force but they are a bit over powered, so shadow war gangs dont get the 20 Helsreach upgrade points detailed in the start of this thread. I would suggest the inquisimunda rules!

StarBtards will be from 1 till 2 on the sat. The thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12152&start=100

Norse

Yeah, I know they're a bit overpowered. It's just because I couldn't find the Inquisimunda stuff. That Vault looks like it might hold what I need, if I can figure out what's what. It's a bit all over the place.

Norse

Yes please Geoff!

Curtis - might there be a place for an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and his retinue? Be pure! Be vigilant! Behave!

Genghis

Norse":3u6gj6fo said:
That Vault looks like it might hold what I need, if I can figure out what's what. It's a bit all over the place.
Probably the easiest approach is to use the Inquisimunda V2 rules, in conjunction with the Necromunda & Outlanders Community Editions (the later found here: https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/categories/necromunda.2/) I'm pretty sure it covers a decent Inquisitorial retinue.

ramshackle_curtis":3u6gj6fo said:
just turn up with your gang. The game will be friday and sataurday. Basically, you can fit gaming in Helsreach around everything else you do. Come, go, come back again. Whatevs!
Sweet, I'll be there. (Now I just need to build & paint a truck so my Space Mobsters can roll around in style.)

Norse":3u45bjob said:
Curtis - might there be a place for an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and his retinue? Be pure! Be vigilant! Behave!

Of course.

Genghis":3u45bjob said:
Sweet, I'll be there. (Now I just need to build & paint a truck so my Space Mobsters can roll around in style.)

Cool, everyone gets free vehicles, as long as they are open topped, everybody must be visible who is mounted. Else please see the rules to build your vehicle with if you want extra rams, covered crew spaces, tougher etc....the rules are on page 1 of this thread at the bottom.

Hello I am planning to get along to Boyl this year and saw your post about the Helsreach game on Facebook. Would I need to book it a day? You are running the game Friday and Saturday is that right? I haven't made my mind up on which day to come so wondered which was best with you?

No need to book, just show up. Really the game is very laid back and is the sort of thing you can either play alot of or just fit a bit in between other games. Its really just an excuse to get a cool table set out and have fun playing with the models on it. Its running from when we get set up on friday until the close of the day on sataurday. Please join in!

Last year there was alot of "emergent narrative gameplay" in that people came up with stuff they wanted to do. I will be putting up rules for the economy over the next week. Basically it boils down to gathering model boxes and barrels, shooting outlaws (or Helsreachers!) or hunting the fauna.

HELSREACH ECONOMY 2018

Players must choose a faction to play as, either the (mostly)Honest Helsreach citizens or the Outlaws.

At the end of both days the player with the most Helsreach Victory Points (HVP) will be declared the days winner.

Players gain HVP by performing certain actions as follows:

1. Killing the opposition. Players get 1 HVP for each wound or vehicle damage point they inflict on the opposing faction. 2HVP will be awarded for each Star Bastard wound.

2. Gather resources. A set number of boxes, crates and barrels will be placed around the board. Players may trade them in for 1 HVP each at the market or Outlaw Trading Post.

3. Hunting. Taking a dead animal to the Bush Meat Trader or Outlaw Trading post earns 1 HVP per wound of the animal.

4. Reassmbling the statue. A huge statue is missing 3 parts. Players who can re-fit a part will be rewarded with 10 HVP.

5. Other outstanding feats of bravery or amusing acts of ridiculous tomfoolery will also be awarded HVP at the Gms discretion.

SPENDING HVP
Players can also spend HVP. THese are permanantly removed from the gang's HVP total.

They may be spent on the following options:

1 HVP to respawn a model that is out of action. Models are either respawned at the Doc's or at the Outlaw Trading Post.

1 HVP may be spent to respawn a dmaged or destroyed vehicle. This is then placed at the GMs discretion, probably very close to your gang unless that would be really unfair ;)

1 HVP may be spent to purchase D6 weapon reloads at the market.

1 HVP may be spent to make a gang upgrade. THese are the same as the 20 upgrade points for gang generation. THis includes stat increases, new skills, vehicle upgrades etc.

Genghis

Quick question about the spirit of the open-topped rules:

Presumably a civilian car (unarmoured) would count as open-topped? The pax can be seen and shot at from the outside, similarly, they can wind the windows down and return fire.

Otherwise, you're looking at 4-5 upgrade points for Enclosed Crew Spaces, within which you can't be seen and shot at. That would make sense if the car was armoured, with armoured windows that would have to be lowered to shoot out of, but seems daft for a run of the mill civilian car.

Yes, sure, rule of cool applies. If you want to have a car with windows and stuff then thats fine, it can still count as open. Or you can pay for the upgrades to have bullet proof glass, counting as an enclosed crew space. Just let us know on the day!

Its all a bit of a trial actually this "rules designing" lark. Last year I had pretty generic rules, just turn up with a vehicle. I was expecting in-town run-around utility type vehicles but most people showed up with an APC! This was broken, and I wanted to make sure that while everyone can have free vehicles to hoon around on, they have to pay for tough military grade stuff. The board is 12' x 6' so the gangs need transport.

The vehicle design rules I wanted to reflect the range of things one might do with a vehicle in Helsreach. I dont want to stop anyone bringing an awesome tankette. Please feel free to interpret the rules as you want, so as you say a glass cabin could be either just an aesthetic feature of the model, or it can be an armoured plexiglass cabin proof against las cannons.

Its the same with walkers, tracks or wheels, or even hovver things. How the model moves is not important really, so a "car" could have legs, jets or be mounted on a super charged snail! THe important thing is clear cut rules on zooming, ramming, shooting and the very tricky combat/charging intricacies. Last year one gang wanted to charge another gang who were inside thier APC. Last years rules could not handle this, so I rewrote them. Now they can!

I basically imagined Mad Max Fury Road, and tried to put that into rules ;)

Vyper

I'll be there with a handful of gangs too. Got a Sentinel with Heavy Stubber for one of them and a 'Rhino' (forking out for a half dozen enclosed crew spaces!) for the other. No guns though mind, so mostly just for running people over.

Looking forward to it. :)

Back