Rigg's Shrine

Thantsants

Now then folks - I've threatened this most years but this time I mean business. Or at least if I say that now and enough people get involved I'll be forced to pull my finger out and get this done!

I talk of course about my long and very slowburn Lustrian project. I think it was the very first BOYL that I mentioned I wanted to run a game that would combine all of the Lustrian scenarios - Magnificent Sven and Kremlo the Slann - and have them take place around the Shrine of Rigg - built from the floor plans that appeared in one of the Citadel Journals. Here's my original thread to give you some idea what I'm on about!

The plan is that I will have the shrine built with all the floors accessible for miniatures. I have written up a set of scenarios that bring together the characters of the various Lustrian scenarios and have all the minis to play them. I have some jungle terrain but it would be great to have some of you super talented terrain bods help me out in creating a Lustrian version of this year's Heldenhoff or Helsreach table.

Now I know that folk will want to bring along their own warbands which would be great so I envisage that the game is going to evolve a lot before next year but at the moment it would look a little like this - the four playable factions I have so far would play four different mini scenarios simultaneously in different parts of the table. These mini scenarios would both lead them to the shrine for the final showdown (where again each faction would have their own objectives) and offer the possibility if reinforcements and other bonuses if tackled successfully.

The Magnificent Sven and crew
Not so fresh from their victory over Gurgyll Greenwake and his marauding Slann raiders, Sven finds himself adventuring once more. Having successfully defended Vastervik and gone on a week long victory alcohol binge, Sven and his crew are not so welcome amongst the townsfolk and are propelled in to a new venture for unimaginable riches and gold women... Sven Rides Again As Sven will be starting out with the biggest contingent (what I've got in my collection at the mo) this is a survival scenario designed to whittle them down a bit - anyone who survives makes it to the final game. There may be other bonuses along the way if they play their cards right...

The Bollrbrotjr (Old Norse for Ballbreakers ;) )
The scenario,Two Legends Collide, I want to use for these ladies was originally written for Sven and co so needs a little tweak in the narrative. Something along the lines of Njora Bjattey, leader of the Bollrbrotjr, happens to witness Kremlo and his Human "brothers" being captured by Slaan slavers. So struck is she by the dashing young Slaan in Norse clothing (think a mash up of the Frog Prince and Kermit and Miss Piggy's torrid relationship!) that she sets off in pursuit to rescue the new love of her life before he is lobotomised...

Gurgyll Greenwake and the remnants of his Renegade Warband
Gurgyll thirsts for revenge after his humiliation at the hands of Sven at the battle of Vastervik but needs reinforcements to replace those fallen in battle. A nearby Lizardman settlement should provide a few new recruits - willing or not! Reptile Roundup

The Amazons
Need to write this scenario up but it'll basically be a counter ambush/rescue mission against a small Imperial Slann warband who have been picking on pilgrims making their way to the shrine...

I plan to run this on the Saturday and I reckon we could get the whole thing done in a day - the same kind of set up worked well and enabled us to play Orc's Drift in a day!

So anyone up for some jungle fun?

Golgfag1

Put me down for a small contribution Steve, i'll take a look at my catalogues and see what I can contribute. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Scalene

I feel like I'm starting to get booked up already, but I can certainly contribute jungle. Basically all the scenery : ruins, temple floor plan etc used in the inquisitor cynole game in 2016.
Cynole_battle_2.jpg

Good luck with this - have wanted to play a Kremlo scenario for a long time - your Cold One riders look amazing - especially the cheetah/jaguar furs on them - the whole collection is great to see

Thantsants

Cheers Scalene - that would be amazing! Be great if you could pop along to enjoy the game for a bit too but I know the feeling of too many games and too little time!

Thanks Witch Doctor - they're modeled on the ones that appear in the 3rd ed Armies book. Sure you can't make the trip over? ;)

Fimm - one of the big tables would be ideal - unless they've been booked up already! :lol:

Harry

I would like to join you for this.
I have 50-60 Amazons (and some Norse ... with a boat)
Terrain .... I have a couple of bigger scenery pieces (Pyramids) and plans to produce a lot more jungle terrain over the next few months.
I suspect I will be able to match the amount of stuff in the photos above.

Golgfag1

Right, looked through my boxes and found this little lot - looks as though I have a start to my painting programme for BOYL2018,yes :grin: .

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Amazonians.JPG
    Amazonians.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,850

Chico

I would love to join in with this depending on other game clashes and all that spill.

I'd love to paint up some Norse Warband for this, roughly what would be needed?

Thantsants

Harry - great to have you on board! I think I might mock a map up but it'll essentially be a large area of jungle with the Shrine and the shores of Lake Lokka at one end. Be good to have a river running in to the lake. Other than that go to town - ancient ruins, spider breeding grounds, rock pinnacles for Coatl breeding colonies, the crash site of an ancient Slaan space craft and the "Nazca lines" style landing ground it was supposed to land on?! We'll need a Lizardman settlement and a Slann slaver's encampment for two of the mini scenarios. A jungle track passing between a rocky pass would be good for the Amazon mini scenario I have in mind - think good place to ambush passing pilgrims on their way to the shrine. I'm sure the Amazons will come in handy!

Witch doctor - you'd be more than welcome if you can make it :)

Nice one Paul - I reckon the Amazons will find themselves outnumbered as everyone will be headed over to their gaff without the most honourable intentions!

Chico - the more the merrier! I'd like to keep the miniature head count reasonable if possible! The more minis - the longer the game! At the moment the initial mini scenarios are designed for warbands of 20 or so infantry and 5 cavalry and a hero - or the equivalent number of infantry if cavalry aren't appropriate.

Obviously the more players we get the more minis are going to be on the table and each faction will most likely be awarded some reinforcements if they are successful in the initial scenarios so I may have to tweak how the game runs to make it manageable.

The way I see the final scenario going down is the Amazons fighting a pitched battle outside the shrine to protect it from invading Norse and Slaan forces while various characters infiltrate the shrine to achieve their various objectives.
Mind you strength in numbers might not be everything -

Chico

Also do I have to conform to a certain list restrictions (other than the max numbers you mentioned above) or for example could I just whatever I fancy within reason?

So a handful of Bowmen, Berserkers, Huscal and cav rather then min unit sizes from WhFB3 WA?.

Also heard there will be punch and pie? :grin:

Thantsants

Take what you like - within reason! Who's reason could be up for debate of course ;)

Is that where I punch you and your face looks like pie? :lol:

Chico

Thantsants":8vot6h2v said:
Is that where I punch you and your face looks like pie? :lol:

Bully! Fine I'm going back to my mancave to sulk... though it's not to scour Ebay to cheer myself up... Honest! ;)

Hi Thantsants , am really thinking about coming over with some Slann for this scenario, this Monday i will try to get confirmation of dates of work august 2018 , do you need Pygmy ? probably there are plenty of Pygmys in the U.K , but if needed can bring some - perhaps Pygmy Snack Bar is needed ? all best with organising

Golgfag1

Thantsants":2sl2o9b7 said:
Nice one Paul - I reckon the Amazons will find themselves outnumbered as everyone will be headed over to their gaff without the most honourable intentions!

I wouldn't worry too much Steve, I've a fair collection of likely pilgrims who, if, push comes to shove - be willing to help the girls out a little! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• STAFF SLINGERS.JPG
    STAFF SLINGERS.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,768
  • Preparation for BOYL2017 043.jpg
    Preparation for BOYL2017 043.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,768
Back