Rigg's Shrine

Fimm McCool

That's certainly a hefty chunk of plaster! I know Peter/Vyper is playing a big 6th Ed Lustrian game on Friday and has volunteered their jungle scenery for the Saturday.

Thantsants

I've used a 25kg bag of Crystacal R so far... :shock:

Great stuff - Scalene has promised a load as well - shaping up to be a rather spectacular table! :grin:

Golgfag1

Your casting sections of bricks and then constructed the temple 8-) , god Steve no wonder this has been a labour of love over the last few years :grin: - you've more patience than me ;)

Paul/Golgfag1

Thantsants

Think I'm just mad! :lol:

The thing weighs a ton but it is quite satisfying in a funny kind of way. Should last a bit longer than foam...

Thantsants

Good progress over the weekend - definitely getting there! One slight problem... Not sure how the hell I've managed it but the 1st and 2nd floors are 3" longer than the basement :shock: :lol: Not the end of the world - just need to make a little extension for the ground floor and we're all good. I've sourced furnishings for the whole shrine and have a load of wall mounted torches ready to be installed. In terms of construction there's the 2nd floor front towers to finish and rooves to put on, 3rd floor room to put on the rear of the shrine and fourth floor towers and rooves to put on top of that - the end is in sight! :grin:

Apologies for the crappy photos - taken with the harsh lighting in my shed sometime after midnight!

Ground floor -

First floor -

2nd floor WIP

Of course the floors will be laid out alongside each other for the game but we'll have to get some pics of it fully assembled on the table before the game starts!

Thinking about the table - does anyone have any grass mats they can bring along? I'm assuming we'll have to cover the table ourselves as it's one of the biggest ones - seem to remember it needed appropriately coloured sheets putting on for the big siege game we played a couple of years ago. I've got one that is 6x4 (I think) and can sort out Lake Lokka and one of the rivers. I'm aiming for something similar to this map but with more emphasis on the jungle than the lake as that's where the action will be taking place!

Golgfag1

Well done Steve, most impressive 8-) 8-) 8-), the saying 'measure twice, cut once' comes to mind. :lol:

As for battle mats (6x4) I've two, I recall we used four for the Morcar game a couple of years ago, so, if someone else can bring another one along, we're good to go 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Thantsants

Cheers mate - I know the saying well! :lol: I must have measured four or five times so I'm absolutely flummoxed as to how the mistake happened - must have got distracted or got another number stuck in my head somehow :roll:

Good news on the battle mat :grin:

Fimm McCool

Wow! That looks stunning and most appropriately south American. Can't wait to see it. Are we going to have an assembled shrine with jungle for the pre-amble, then move to the split shrine in later scenarios? I can imagine a significant amount of the table will be taken up with the building once it's laid out in floors.

Thantsants

Cheers bud - funnily enough it's Hirst Arts' Egyptian moulds I've been using but they might as well have been designed straight from the illustrations of the shrine in the Citadel Compendium!

We'll definitely have the shrine assembled to start with - if only for photos and that. I'm kind of hoping I can appropriate a smaller table or some trestles so we can have each floor of the shrine laid out for gaming with out taking up too much of the jungle table. It'll take a bit of dismantling and there's a fair bit of furniture to be laid out in the rooms so might be better to have it all laid ready for the game after all? I'll work something out on the Friday of Boyl so no worries :)

Scalene

Hi Thantsants

Can we discuss terrain at some point. I can provide enough jungle to fill a 4'x8' table, it's pretty much all individually based aquarium foliage with a few bigger palm trees, including quite a lot of elephant grass stuff which might look good on the water's edge. I've also got two large arches, a 12' diameter circular platform and a few odds and sods - altars, carved stones etc. Could you let me know what you need as I'd rather leave it at home if it's not required.

Thantsants

Cheers Pygmy - getting there!

Scalene - I'm very appreciative of your offer. I reckon we can use whatever you can bring mate but don't overburden yourself. I think the foliage, elephant grass and palm trees would be most useful if you're a pushed for space or it's a pain to bring the lot.

Golgfag1

Harry":925uhfy7 said:
I have cracked on with some Norse over the weekend.
I think I will have a decent Norse mercenary contingent.
Aiming for 100 Norse Warriors:
16 Warriors Hand Weapon and shield
16 warriors Hand weapon Light armor and shield
16 warriors Spear and shield
16 Warriors double Handed Weapon Light armor
16 Berserkers
10 Ulfwerenar
10 Archers
Should be around 1000pts
Plus the longship and crew already done.

...but only around half as many Amazons

Cool, 8-)

OK, totting up the Amazons and female pilgrims, I've the following:-
32 Amazon archers
12 Amazon packing pistols( type to be determined).
24 Berserkers
24 mixture of Amazons & pilgrims
12 pilgrim horsewomen
10 pilgrim staff-slingers
2 giantesses
2 pilgrim chariots
1 amazon princess on a horse
6 novices
3 magicians
3 amazon heroin
20 amazon guard
20 pilgrim 2HCW
20 pilgrim h.weapons & shields

All painted, based and ready to go, plus anything else I get done between now and then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Down to you Steve?

Paul/Golgfag1

Thantsants

Well we 'aint going to be wanting for Amazons and Norse! Well done lads!

I'll be bringing a smattering of Amazons, Slann, Lizardmen, Sven and his comrades, Kremlo, his brothers and the rest of that set along with various jungle nasties and monsters. If I get time I'll endeavour to paint more Slann as they don't seem as well represented? Probably going to be mainly getting the shrine ready though so don't hold your breath ;) My lot will either be Gm controlled, available for folk to turn up on the day and join in with or perhaps even as objectives for you lot.

If everyone else who's coming could list what they've got if you haven't done so already that'd be great - pm or on here is fine. Be good to have an idea of who I'm gm'ing for so I can give everyone a good game.

Thantsants

Another productive weekend on the shrine - just a roof and the two towers to go on the back of the shrine and it's painting time!

Back