BOYL 2018 - Dates are 3-5 August 2018

Vyper

Fimm McCool":36487zdl said:
In the meantime post what you're planning so we can all get excited about it and make sure it doesn't get missed off. :)

I'm hoping to do a Lustria (Lizardmen, Pygmies, Slann etc.) versus Conquistador (Empire + Dogs of War) game with my dad. We haven't played a game of fantasy in about fifteen years! I think we're planning on playing 7th (as it's an incremental upgrade to 6th, the last edition we played) but are going to be pretty fast and loose with it, just throwing down whatever troops we fancy! I know the rules are (relatively) new-fangled, but hopefully the spirit of the game is appropriate. :grin:

Golgfag1

Interesting stuff, to such an extent that you may get quite a few expressions of interest to join-in, especially as another planned game over the weekend is based upon the raid on Rigg's shrine which has been expanded to include Slann, Pygmies etc. So expect a few volunteers to join your proposed game - me being one 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=12174

Paul / Golgfag1

Hi , just thinking about booking flights early while not expensive, just checking if there is a bus from nottingham to near Boyl ? where is the nearest accomodation? thanks if anyone can help - think Ketil Trout is looking at trains at the moment also.

Golgfag1

Pygmy Witch Doctor":mb6a090x said:
Hi , just thinking about booking flights early while not expensive, just checking if there is a bus from nottingham to near Boyl ? where is the nearest accomodation? thanks if anyone can help - think Ketil Trout is looking at trains at the moment also.

To be honest, if you were to post the details of your journey here, some kind soul would more than likely pick you up and drop you back, also, most folks stop stop at the Great Western in Newark, but the are other hotels close by and again you'll more than likely be offered lifts there & back again. 8-)

Paul/ Golgfag1

Thanks Eric and Paul! flights booked - there were none available on 2nd, so arrive 1st so plenty of time to get to Newark on Trent , will meet Ketil Trout in Nottingham and make our way there. Only flight back to Berlin on monday is 6.30 in morning but should be fine to get taxi or head on sunday night to Nottingham and spent night at airport. Anyway - looking forward! Will bring some Slann or Pygmys for Riggs Shrine.

The Marshal 90 Bus Runs from Nottingham Friar lane (Passes Nottingham Train Station) to Newark North Gate Train Station. It stops at the End of School Lane and Fosse Way, the road that runs down to Wargames Foundry, about 8-10 min. Runs regular.

If anyone needs accommodation and using buses then
  • Robin Hood & Little John Hotel
    Beaumond Cross Inn
    Millgate House

are all good hits as all easy access to Bus from Newark, and premier Inn or Hotels in Nottingham Centre for Bus from Nottingham.

Note the Train from Nottingham - Newark Stops at Castle Gate Station, this means that you would be looking at either the Bus stop at the Morrisons Stop in Newark to get you to BOYL or just take Bus from Nottingham. Either works.

Also been spreading the word about BOYL as usual, and created a thread on YakTribe as they are serious Oldhammer players though not always aware of it, and it would be good to help create more social cohesive ties with other groups who are Oldhammer players, especially in the fields of Necromunda, Gorka Morka, Mordheim, etc.

It is also interesting that many had never heard of BOYL or Oldhammer until one asked or rather mentioned.

Some are interested and I think would be willing to run games just get impression are a little intimidated that BOYl has massive expectations and styles of play, if anyone else is a member of yaktribe please do help here.

Vyper":pvtbxbie said:
Hi gents, how would one go about booking in a table for use at BOYL '18, if such a thing is possible?

Anybody got any inside info on when table booking is likely to be open? Ta in advance.

Golgfag1

Drew Williams":dnf45ybh said:
It's official, I'm coming back this year!

And this time, I'm bringing the Mrs. :)

Drew Day Williams

Great news Drew, and congratulations. 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Something that was just pointed out to one and worth passing on.

There is also a Day Spa near to the venue, http://www.edenspa.co.uk, which could be a treat for that long suffering special person who deserves a treat? while you explain the need to go for a long weekend of gaming and spending money, and its not really a treat for you, but this would be for them.

Back